There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Singletary and Trent Baalke are in Texas today to watch Dez Bryant

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Bryant at 13 and Spiller at 17








....I just put down the peace pipe.

You might want to pick it back up, because Dez just ran a 4.68 on one of his tries. Personally I wouldn't care. Get Gaither, Spiller and Dez. WOW.

Gore, Spiller, Davis, Crab and Dez? WTF! Thats an offense for the ages (on paper..lol)


Dude forgot his cleats and slipped all over the place -- ran between a 4.52 and 4.68. They take your best time due to mistakes.

But he also had an 11-foot broadjump and a 38 in vertical.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Bryant at 13 and Spiller at 17








....I just put down the peace pipe.

You might want to pick it back up, because Dez just ran a 4.68 on one of his tries. Personally I wouldn't care. Get Gaither, Spiller and Dez. WOW.

Gore, Spiller, Davis, Crab and Dez? WTF! Thats an offense for the ages (on paper..lol)


Dude forgot his cleats and slipped all over the place -- ran between a 4.52 and 4.68. They take your best time due to mistakes.

But he also had an 11-foot broadjump and a 38 in vertical.

forgot his cleats? i guess the dog ate them
Originally posted by dlance:
On NFL network they had him running a 4.52 and then a 4.60 on field truf witch is like running on Grass. but he didn't finish the 3 cone or the 20 shutle why didn't he finish then??? why a 4.52 to a 4.60 sound like he is out of shape. that with all the character concern i have a problem with. he is a good player there are alot of questions about him.

He forgot his cleats and still ran that time. Also hasa 38 in vertical and an 11-ft broadjump(!).
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Bryant at 13 and Spiller at 17








....I just put down the peace pipe.

You might want to pick it back up, because Dez just ran a 4.68 on one of his tries. Personally I wouldn't care. Get Gaither, Spiller and Dez. WOW.

Gore, Spiller, Davis, Crab and Dez? WTF! Thats an offense for the ages (on paper..lol)


Dude forgot his cleats and slipped all over the place -- ran between a 4.52 and 4.68. They take your best time due to mistakes.

But he also had an 11-foot broadjump and a 38 in vertical.

forgot his cleats? i guess the dog ate them

He had to break open a new pair.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,075
Bryant should project to be a 4.4 guy. I'd still take him at 17.
He is a very talented WR that has shown character issues. People need to remember that he is a big WR at 6'2 220 and also shows better game day speed and gets open. That is more important than his 40 time. He is similar to crabtree except the character issues.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,075
Originally posted by Thizz415:
He is a very talented WR that has shown character issues. People need to remember that he is a big WR at 6'2 220 and also shows better game day speed and gets open. That is more important than his 40 time. He is similar to crabtree except the character issues.

He's probably faster than Crabtree, but wouldn't they look good together.
Just Mike and Trent doing their due diligence, I wouldn't read too much into it.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,756
They are looking to get a return man early... Spiller or Bryant at 17.
Dez's 10 yard time was 1.5, vert 38", broad 11.1 and a 4.52 forty? These numbers don't make sense. He should have been faster than that. For a guy who weighs 220+ that is excellent quickness and explosion. For those that watched the workout was Bryant in shape?
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
If Dez falls...we NEED to grab him. Then OT with the #17. Then Gard/safety with the 2nd and 3rd rounders.........ohhh my god i cant wait for the draft. Picture that. Lining up Bryant, Crabs, Morgan, VD, Gore at the same time.....yikes!!!! With Brandon backing up....That's a ridiculously potent combo......AND we upgrade the line all in the same year.....Please football gods.....we've waited long enough!
yes
Originally posted by dlance:
On NFL network they had him running a 4.52 and then a 4.60 on field truf witch is like running on Grass. but he didn't finish the 3 cone or the 20 shutle why didn't he finish then??? why a 4.52 to a 4.60 sound like he is out of shape. that with all the character concern i have a problem with. he is a good player there are alot of questions about him.

Fitzgerald ran a 4.53, and Boldin ran something like 4.65, but they turned out to be the top WR duo in the league for years.

If the 4 tackles are gone, I wouldn't mind Bryant at 13 and then Brown at 17.

Bryant and Crabtree on the edge, with Davis in the middle. Then add in some pass protection (his greatest strength) with Brown? Look out!

Its like the football God's WANT the 49ers to go back to a passing team.
Originally posted by Dblj55:
Dez's 10 yard time was 1.5, vert 38", broad 11.1 and a 4.52 forty? These numbers don't make sense. He should have been faster than that. For a guy who weighs 220+ that is excellent quickness and explosion. For those that watched the workout was Bryant in shape?

dude looked ripped as hell. watching path to the draft casserely said he wasnt in football shape. also he didnt impress in the cone drills thats what they said on the show. but he had great hands and caught everything
Originally posted by valrod33:
I read somewhere that Coaches and Scouts interview and go to prodays of guys they arent even considering drafting and stay away from guys that they wanna draft.

Free trip to Texas. They have good steak!
slow time because he forgot his shoes?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home