LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

My 49ers draft board for the first round

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
No Clausen.

clausen is 7 on his list.

No QB's needed.
sam bradford>jimmy clausen and charles brown should not be ahead of joe haden. BPA!!!!!!
Originally posted by miked1978:
Question about draft boards, do you not put players who don't fit in your "scheme" high no matter how talented they are? Like you have McCoy way below his value even though he's considered a top 3 player.

I would think you still put him high on your list and pick him over a Charles Brown caliber player if he fell to your spot. Doing so would open up trade talks.

If the Niners could select McCoy (this would require a lot of drunk GMs at the helm), I think they should try to trade their pick because he is a bad fit for the 3-4, in my opinion. But this scenario has less than 0.00001% to happen...
Originally posted by dald1:
why did u list anthony davis as a project lol

Sorry, I should have written "a player with work ethic issues"... I think it would be a risky pick.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
This is an interesting view and a different perspective than the usual talent boards. I actually appreciate it. However, I would question a couple of your rankings based on how much it could really help the team's depth (such as Gerald McCoy being lower than he should be).

It's really fun to write down this board. I'd really like to see this kind of boards more on this forum.

It has two major advantages on mock draft: you don't depend on the previous picks and you can focus on your team needs. No more "what if?", no more "will player X fall to us?".

It should be even better on draft day: you can scratch players on your list as they are selected and see who's left on the board when the Niners pick. Will you be right? Would your picks be better than Baalke in few years?
You cannot hide, You cannot say: WTF, I didn't know Crabtree would have fallen to our pick, otherwise I would have selected him, not Oher.
This is YOUR board!

I think I will make a post, few days before the draft, to ask webzoners to put their boards on the forum... Do you think it's a good idea?

Thanks for your appreciation.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
No Clausen.

clausen is 7 on his list.

No QB's needed.

A QB, when you are not settled at the position, is always needed, IMHO.

If the Niners think Clausen has Pro-Bowl potential, they should draft him without esitation. San Diego did exactly the same few years ago. I would do the same, too.

Also, if the Niners will win the division next year, they won't select this high on next draft.
Share 49ersWebzone