LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

What Causes OTs to become busts?

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by montana2rice:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Bulaga doesnt have short arms he just doesnt have long arms but okung is the clear cut best and i wouldnt be opposed to trading into top 5 to get him as ong as we dont trade both of our 1st round picks

The #13 and a 3rd or the #17 and a 2nd is all it takes to get to #5...

are you sure about that? are you looking at the #'s or giving a hypothetical scenario?

Using the draft value calculator. Also, precedent sets that price; Last year, the Browns traded the #5 to the Jets for the #17 and #52.

Wasn't it #17, #52, and a couple/few players?
i think its prety simple, if we pick a OT who is clearly a better LT then thats where he goes and staley becomes a very highly paid RT
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
i think its prety simple, if we pick a OT who is clearly a better LT then thats where he goes and staley becomes a very highly paid RT

Assuming the new OT is better than Staley at LT i would have zero problem with Staley going to RT.
The same qualities that make any football player good...IMO it's having football speed, toughness, football smarts
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
That's why we should go OT in the second round - and the later rounds.

The top tier OTs will be as good as gone by then and I'm not a big Trent Williams fan who has always lacked that motor.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Too many cheeseburgers.
Share 49ersWebzone