There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I know I'm not the only one thinking this???

We have the #13 and #17 pick in this year's NFL draft.... Why are we considering settling with the first tackle that comes to us???? Tackle is a BIG need for us yes, but why would we waste a pick on a 4th or 5th best available????
I'm saying this:

If we can trade up without giving up to much to grab a good OT prospect (Okung or Bulaga)
If Williams fell to us I would be happy with that.

Thats it!!! Do not draft the leftovers, Consider drafting best available at that point. Work on OT later in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I have to admit I was high on Spiller, but if he is still there at 13 we should look at potential trades. I know San Diego would trade their left nut to us for a chance at spiller... so use what we have. Take their 1st this year a 3rd and maybe sneak in a first for next year for that spot.
Take a pass-rusher with the 17th pick and grab a tackle with the chargers 1st round pick...
Just thinking out-side the box a bit, but Please do not settle for the scaps like we have been for years now.
I don't know man, I don't get why there are 7 rounds and every team wastes picks on leftovers. If Okung is gone we should just give up the picks because everyone else sucks.
What are you thinking?
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
What are you thinking?

He's not.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
What are you thinking?

He's not.

that son of a biscuit!

What are you thinking?
trading down to 28 is way to far I could see maybe Huston at pick 20 and get there second thats about as far down as I could see them going and why would they do that. at 13 there is going to be someone good that they will like even if its a WR, DB, LB someone will be that is good.
A slight upgrade on the OL and this is a playoff team so REACH!!!!!! REACH AROUND IF YOU HAVE TO!!!! Niners reach around on a OT and everyone loves it!!
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

LOL just saw that episode tonight
his point is that we shouldnt reach, i dont think that necessarily a bad point
Originally posted by tbyrdc3:
I have to admit I was high on Spiller, but if he is still there at 13 we should look at potential trades. I know San Diego would trade their left nut to us for a chance at spiller... so use what we have. Take their 1st this year a 3rd and maybe sneak in a first for next year for that spot.

Actually, they want an everydown back like Ryan Mathews. If both Mathews and Spiller were there at 28(hypothetically), I still think they would take Mathews because he is bigger and has a similair body build and abilities to LT (though he also has an injury history). Oh and #13 is not worth their 1st, 3rd AND next years 1st. Maybe next years 2nd instead of the 2011 1st. Anyway, if we keep picking BPA in rounds 1, 2, 3.. on and on we are never gonna get a good OT. Plus I think Trent Williams may now be availible.

The teams before us that need a OT: DET, WSH, KC, SEA, OAK, BUF
Top OTs(in no order): R. Okung, B. Bulaga, T. Williams, A. Davis, C. Brown, B. Campbell
DET- Okung, WSH- Clausen, KC- Bulaga, SEA- Best DT or Berry, OAK- Campbell, BUF- Dan Williams (NT- new D co-ordinator switching to 3-4, NT is most important in 3-4)
That leaves us with Trent Williams.
BTW, the title of this thread makes no sense. It is a statment, yet it has question marks. It is not asking a question. Sorry, just tought it was wierd when I read it. I normally don't comment on others grammer, because I know it's a total buzzkill.
There are varying degrees of skills for all the so-called top OT's...some of them, maybe most of them will still have very successful NFL careers, assuming they get good coaching and opportunities to excel. Take Bruce Campbell for example...he was clearly the best athlete at the combine, but is also overrated by many analysts. On the flip-side, I've seen a ton mocks that have us taking Trent Williams. He's more sound fundamentally than Campbell at this stage...but, he also hasn't proven he can play LT, which is a Singletary prerequisite for any OT taken that early. Bulaga and Okung are arguably the two OT's that are the most pro-ready. However, that doesn't mean that if all those guys are gone that there isn't an OT worth taking. Charles Brown is a guy who has the tools Coach Solari's looking for, too. One of the reasons Singletary's hold an early OTA is so Solari can evaluate the OL prior to the draft. It'll be interesting to see who he recommends they pick.