There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WHO FALLS...

• oklasooners
  • Info N/A
It all depends on who falls in the daft. everyone on this site including myself sit here and post who the 9ers should take with our first rounders, but the truth of the matter is that it depends on who is available and which players slip. If the top 4 ot's are gone by 13 I highly doubt the 9ers will reach and take the 5th best at 13 or 17. We'll see who falls to us and take the BPA at 13. with the 17th wait and see who is available. It could be anybody. We might take graham at 13 and mays at 17. IDK. That would be cool too. All I care about is not getting a bust.
Originally posted by oklasooners:
It all depends on who falls in the daft. everyone on this site including myself sit here and post who the 9ers should take with our first rounders, but the truth of the matter is that it depends on who is available and which players slip. If the top 4 ot's are gone by 13 I highly doubt the 9ers will reach and take the 5th best at 13 or 17. We'll see who falls to us and take the BPA at 13. with the 17th wait and see who is available. It could be anybody. We might take graham at 13 and mays at 17. IDK. That would be cool too. All I care about is not getting a bust.

I agree somebody will fall. BPA at #13 or trade down. Iupati at #17. Trade Baas, #49 and whatever else necessary to select somewhere between 25-35. Select e.g., Best, Saffold or McCourty
I think Pierre-Paul will drop to mid 20s. That would be good value then
if he falls i hope he can get up
To take what I wrote in another post:

The teams before us that need a OT: DET, WSH, KC, SEA, OAK, BUF
Top OTs(in no order): R. Okung, B. Bulaga, T. Williams, A. Davis, C. Brown, B. Campbell
DET- Okung, WSH- Clausen, KC- Bulaga, SEA- Best DT or Berry, OAK- Campbell, BUF- Dan Williams (NT- new D co-ordinator switching to 3-4, NT is most important in 3-4)

That leaves us with Trent Williams. He will fall to us.

S. Bradford
R. Okung
G. McCoy
J. Clausen
B. Bulaga
N. Suh
E. Berry
B. Campbell
D. Williams
D. Bryant
R. McClain
S. Kindle
T. Williams
C. Spiller
D. Morgan
J. Pierre-Paul
#17- I like K. Wilson, but alot of people will say E. Thomas (I don't like moving Dashon to SS. Plus I want Reshad Jones in the second round, could become great in the right D.)
The question should be who rises.

What we despirately need is to avoid an OT run in the top 12. However seems like guys like Williams and Bulaga have only raised their draft stock while guys like Morgan, JPP, Taylor Mays, McClain, Bryant, Haden have kind of dropped.

I would really like to see the first 5 guys go in the top 12. If we could have our pick of Bulaga or Williams at #13 I'd be a very happy man.

Unfortunately unless some team makes a shocker pick I don't see Mays, McClain or Bryant going top 12 anymore. Altho I would laugh my ass off if Seattle took Mays at #6

Also really hoping the Raiders go either mays or Bruce Campbell(if they have to go OT)
Great posts and I believe it is a combo of risers and fallers. Right now, the risers I keep hearing about are Brandon Graham, Earl Thomas and Dan Williams. All of these have moved from the early twenties into the teens by most accounts. I also see Campbell, Clausen, Bulaga and Williams moving up on boards.

The fallers that I see out of the top 10 are Haden, McClain, Morgan, JPP, and Bryant possibly.

I really see Joe Haden falling to us at #13. If Bulaga and Williams are gone by #13, he would be the choice over Spiller.

T. Williams
Haden
Spiller
Morgan

One of those top 10 guys should make it to us at #13. Now Dan Williams and Brandon Graham are moving up into the teens, too, from what I have been reading.

The litmus site for draft board positioning that I follow is NFLDraftScout.com.

Take a look at their board right now from 5-20. Damn! Those are some great prospects!

5 Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State
6 C.J. Spiller RB Clemson
7 Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
8 Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
9 Joe Haden CB Florida
10 Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
11 Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
12 Rolando McClain ILB Alabama
13 Taylor Mays FS Southern California
14 Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
15 Brandon Graham OLB Michigan
16 Dan Williams DT Tennessee
17 Mike Iupati OG Idaho
18 Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida
19 Earl Thomas CB Texas
20 Everson Griffen DE Southern California
21 Sergio Kindle OLB Texas
22 Ryan Mathews RB Fresno State
23 Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

No doubt in my mind that Haden and Spiller are the ones that drop out of the top 10.

Both Haden and Spiller by all accounts are averaging around the 6-9th slots on most site's draft boards.

Haden would be a steal even though some think he's way overrated on this Draft Room, huh Krizay? Film speaks volumes and most analysts come back to that stating that the tape doesn't lie: He's a top 10 pick.

My hope is that we can land a top 10 pick and a top 15 pick with both 1sts. Perfect scenario for me would be landing Williams and Spiller. Two top 10 picks. However any combo including these players would make me

Spiller/Haden/T. Williams/Iupati/Graham/T. Mays/D. Williams/E. Thomas/ A. Davis

Man, you got love this draft!