LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Nick's 3/25 Mock Draft (Thomas and Davis)

I've got us taking Earl Thomas at 13 and Anthony Davis at 17. We pass on Spiller and Haden at 13 to take Thomas; no way we take a RB after Patrick Willis' recent twitter comments. Earl Thomas is a superstar against the pass and Anthony Davis is a steal if he can be motivated.

Not too worried about Thomas' so-called weakness vs. the run; Goldson will move to SS, and he's a stud vs. the run. How often are 9 men in the box anyway?

1. STL - Clausen/Bradford
2. DET - Okung
3. TB - Suh
4. WAS - Clausen/Bradford
5. KC - Bulaga
6. SEA - McCoy (DT)
7. CLE - Berry
8. OAK - Campbell
9. BUF - Williams (OT)
10. JAX - Dez Bryant
11. DEN - McClain
12. MIA - Williams (NT)
13. SF - Earl Thomas
14. SEA - Spiller
15. NYG - Derrick Morgan
16. TEN - Brian Price
17. SF - Anthony Davis
no way we take a RB after Patrick Willis' recent twitter comments.

Like there was no way we would of taken Carr right.....?
i have no problem with thomas and as the days get closer to the draft i like him even more with our 17th pick after we pick spiller i dont like davis though, someone who is said to be lazy and at time unmotivated bothers me and just wait what happens when he gets paid millions and is set for life.
Originally posted by jreff22:

exactly folks taking Willis supporting Gore too far. That's how players think if I'm the man no need to draft a guy that play my position in the 1st round anyway. Gore would say the samething if he were asked about the team drafting a ILB in the 1st round.

I just can't see drafting a safety over a CB. the value just isn't there imo. I have no problem with Davis at 17 but would much rather have Haden over Thomas. Leave Goldson where he is and get a real SS. Goldson tackling was more than suspect at times during the season. He's just starting to blossom and folks want to switch his position.
Originally posted by lamontb:

exactly folks taking Willis supporting Gore too far. That's how players think if I'm the man no need to draft a guy that play my position in the 1st round anyway. Gore would say the samething if he were asked about the team drafting a ILB in the 1st round.

I just can't see drafting a safety over a CB. the value just isn't there imo. I have no problem with Davis at 17 but would much rather have Haden over Thomas. Leave Goldson where he is and get a real SS. Goldson tackling was more than suspect at times during the season. He's just starting to blossom and folks want to switch his position.

Agree. Would rather get another safety like Goldson so are secondary can cover more ground to help out the corners & the entire defensive scheme.

Disagree; Thomas' Ball skills are on par with Ed Reed's. And he actually weighs more than reed -- just a half inch shorter.

A FS with that much range over the top makes so-so corner play look much better.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Disagree; Thomas' Ball skills are on par with Ed Reed's. And he actually weighs more than reed -- just a half inch shorter.

A FS with that much range over the top makes so-so corner play look much better.

Ed Reed ball skills? come on now Nick I like thomas too but that's going overboard
Yeah, I don't get why some are calling for Thomas...when CB is obviously a much bigger need. I'd take Haden over Thomas any day of the week. Singletary likes Goldson's progress and Reggie Smith is ready to take over for Michael Thomas. I wouldn't mind someone like Rolle in the 4th rd or so, though, since Hudson's gone. Coach is also pretty high on Curtis Taylor. I don't really have a problem w/Davis...so long as Singletary's convinced he's got the right work ethic, passion for the game and has strong character. I think he has the makings of a beast, but we'll see. Coach has also said if he gets a better LT than Staley, he'd move Joe back to RT, maybe not the 1st season, but potentially his 2nd year.
Share 49ersWebzone