There are 198 users in the forums

At pick 13 the 49ers select Anthony Davis, at pick 17 the 49ers...

Trade their rights to the Denver Broncos for B. Marshall and a 3rd rd. pick in this years draft. Would there be a bigger splash made in the NFL?? B. Marshall and Crabtree w/ Morgan as #3, Davis roaming the middle and Gore pounding the rock... Even Alex Smith and/or David Carr could QB that team... Look what Moss and Carter did for Cunningham and Culpepper's Careers.... I'm just sayin... #1 Drastically improves our team #2 Keeps him away from the Seachickens...
Don't think this is even possible b/c the niners have to give up the 13th pick in a trade and not the 17th which is really carolina's .
  • oklasooners
  • Info N/A
I'm all for selecting a Ot at 13 then trading our 17 for Marshall. Our offense will be explosive. Smith might jusdt get 30 tds.!!!!!!!!!! If it happens we will go deep in the playoffs.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Don't think this is even possible b/c the niners have to give up the 13th pick in a trade and not the 17th which is really carolina's .

Yes you can. Can't sign him to an offer sheet with the expectations of giving up #17 instead of #13. But you can trade the #17 if they are willing to accept.

I say all this without even knowing what his RFA tender is.
Originally posted by lamontb:

You can, but Denver has to accept it. If we sent #13, Denver doesn't have to approve it.
Sounds like you guys are with me... someone call McClou....Eh... Oh yea. Who do we call??................ admit it how many ppl. said Ghost Busters to themselves after they read that......
Better deal: draft Haden at @13 and Davis at #17. I see no way Singletary/Baalke would make that trade...especially not for a player with the baggage Marshall has.
no thanks.
I agree w/ Haden at 13 but if we draft Davis we're going to regret it. Trust me he doesn't have the drive... I mean the guy showed up late to his own pro day then refused to get weighed in and lift weights... even afer coaches asked him to do it. I know people on Rutgers and they all say the same thing... as soon as he gets the contract he's not going to care less if he plays or not.

Share 49ersWebzone