#79. John Jerry OG Ole Miss

#113. Myron Rolle SS Florida State

#145. Lonyae Miller RB Fresno State

#179. Blair WhiteWR Michigan St.

#206. Josh Hull ILB Penn State

#224. Kade Weston DT/NT Georgia
  • evil
  • Veteran
I like McCourty a lot. Don't think he will be there though at that point. If he doesn't sneak in the 1st round he'll go in the first few picks of the 2nd.
Noob - Drop and give me 20

Actually I like this mock., but agree with KRS1 that McCourty won't be there at #49.. I think he goes late in the 1st. I would prefer Asamoah to Jerry, but could live with Jerry.
The only thing I don't like is that we're taking 2 safetys, when we have a good one already. I like Myron Rolle, but he may be unnecessary with the Earl Thomas pick.

Other than that, I love it.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Noob - Drop and give me 20

Actually I like this mock., but agree with KRS1 that McCourty won't be there at #49.. I think he goes late in the 1st. I would prefer Asamoah to Jerry, but could live with Jerry.

I was just looking at arm length and strength compared to Asamoah... I think Jerry is a liitle more mobile as well.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
The only thing I don't like is that we're taking 2 safetys, when we have a good one already. I like Myron Rolle, but he may be unnecessary with the Earl Thomas pick.

The way I had it figured was Thomas was a good fit at FS and Rolle would be next years SS.
Originally posted by rathman44:

The way I had it figured was Thomas was a good fit at FS and Rolle would be next years SS.

What happens to Goldson?

What happens to Goldson?

I think I misquoted... both drafts this year would be starters next year... sorry for this misunderstanding.
The REAL Rathman_44 loves the Rolle pick, but I really don't see us taking 2 safeties unless we have somehow decided that Reggie Smith isn't even a viable back-up.

Agree

Of your choices, I'd replace Thomas with Brandom Graham, pass rusher. My first choice would be to select Iupati at #17, and then trade Baas to move up our 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
The REAL Rathman_44 loves the Rolle pick, but I really don't see us taking 2 safeties unless we have somehow decided that Reggie Smith isn't even a viable back-up.

I can't see the niners keeping Goldson on the roster next year. Reggie Smith maybe an option, but Earl Thomas could start next year for most teams. I just don't see Reggie as a starter.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Of your choices, I'd replace Thomas with Brandom Graham, pass rusher. My first choice would be to select Iupati at #17, and then trade Baas to move up our 2nd round pick.

Personally I would love it if the Niners used there first three picks on the OLine. The Cowboys did it to a degree in the 90's and they won some Superbowls (YUK)!!! If Alex Smith had time he could do some pretty great stuff. The realty is the Niners are weak on the Oline and in the defensive backfield. the best way to address this is to draft the BPA and go from there.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Personally I would love it if the Niners used there first three picks on the OLine. The Cowboys did it to a degree in the 90's and they won some Superbowls (YUK)!!! If Alex Smith had time he could do some pretty great stuff. The realty is the Niners are weak on the Oline and in the defensive backfield. the best way to address this is to draft the BPA and go from there.

OK this doesent make sense, are you talking about BPA in general, otherwise players like Spiller or Bryant would be drafted over our glaring needs on the OL and Secondary?
Originally posted by Rathman_44:

I can't see the niners keeping Goldson on the roster next year. Reggie Smith maybe an option, but Earl Thomas could start next year for most teams. I just don't see Reggie as a starter.

Please tell me this was sarcasm Goldson is a blossoming star, that, arguably, was our second best defensive player for most - if not all - of the year.

Any safety that comes in plays next to him, not ahead of him to be sure! Reggie Smith is the one running out of time to make an impact.
Share 49ersWebzone