There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Demariyus Thomas

Originally posted by calbear:
This guy is the next Andre Johnson. He will only slide because he injured his foot... very much like Michael Crabtree.

Trent Williams
Demariyus Thomas

Better run blocking and VD, Crabtree, and D Thomas on the field at the same time.

That gives us a very scary offense.

Demariyus Heyward-Bey...
I dont get this, didnt he get hurt and yet his stock is rising? Makes no sense to me.
I wouldn't take this guy at all. Had one good year in college, questionable hands, and he doesn't really run a good route. The majority of the time in college, he ran a go-route or a fade.

I wouldn't touch him in the 1st or the 2nd for that matter.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by calbear:
This guy is the next Andre Johnson. He will only slide because he injured his foot... very much like Michael Crabtree.

Trent Williams
Demariyus Thomas

Better run blocking and VD, Crabtree, and D Thomas on the field at the same time.

That gives us a very scary offense.

Demariyus Heyward-Bey...

DHB never had the production Demaryius Thomas did and he didn't have the athleticism/size combo he does either. All DHB did was run well in a straight line.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
No.

2nd-3rd only. Demaryius would have to be considered a fit to our system, and I think we're looking more for a clutch, slot receiver who can also blaze down the field. That's something we completely lack right now.

I expected us to go after quicker receivers rather than guys like Thomas and Danario Alexander, etc. - Think instead of Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Shipley.

If we take a big receiver, my guess is we'd target Dorin Dickerson of Pitt instead of Thomas.

DT's hype is simply unwarranted. It's all potential with an extremely high risk for bust factor there. He's a big receiver who is incredibly, incredibly raw. He needs a lot of work on his game.

Thomas had one good year -- this was his first season cracking 1000 yards. But many were turned off by the fact that Thomas was completely shut out in the Bowl game vs. Iowa.

Honestly.. It would not surprise me at all if we took Dickerson. Big guy who can fly and block well. Another TE/WR tweener. 6-1 226 4.40 with a 43 1/2" vertical. Those are freakish numbers at that size. He had an amazing combine, putting up better numbers in the agility drills than the smaller receivers who you'd think would time quicker.

Dickerson was a redzone threat for Pitt. Had he played strictly WR, I'm sure his totals would've been higher, but 530 yards with 10 TEs.. Those aren't slouch-like numbers at tight end, especially on a team that likes to run.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 25, 2010 at 12:53:23 ]
A better OL will give us a scary offense a lot sooner than another WR. Best OT and Iupati...now that's something I could get behind. Fix the OL right off the bat...there are plenty of WR's later in the draft. If not two OL, then at least the best OT and one of the top DE's. We're getting crap for production at LDE opposite stud Justin Smith. Fix the trenches...that's the best recipe for success long-term.