There are 209 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which reciever eould you rather take

Which reciever eould you rather take

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Dez Bryant is the only WR I really want in this draft. Jacoby Ford later would be great for special teams and an occasional deep threat. People would have to respect his speed (Ford).

Demaryius Thomas>>>>Dez Bryant. Better athleticism, bigger, more work ethic, etc. DT reminds me of a young TO. If he would've played with a real QB and a real system at GT he would've gone crazy. 1K yards and 25 yards per catch is insane. He supposedly also ran a 4.38 40 on tape before he injured his foot and couldn't run at the combine. Plus he has a better attitude and less question marks.

His #'s are rumors at this point. He is injured and did not run. Nobody knows what he runs. He may be good. He may not. He's a good prospect in this draft on some levels.

Actually Thomas has some major questions to answer once he is healthy. The biggest one is can he actually run the route tree like he will be expected to do in the pros. It was hard to tell whether or not he could in college because of the offense he played in. He ran alot of bubble screens and go routes and not much more at Georgia Tech. Second, is his health going to be an issue (....sound familiar). No matter what happens, you certainly can't ignore his size as a potential WR in this draft.
WR Antonio Brown, Central Michigan
ford or shipley in the 3rd rd or beyond where ever they are. i'll probably lean towards ford just because his speed alone can cause so many problems and mismatches
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
ford or shipley in the 3rd rd or beyond where ever they are. i'll probably lean towards ford just because his speed alone can cause so many problems and mismatches

Jacoby Ford has track speed, not game speed.
none we have to many recievers as it is
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If Shipley fell to the 4th, we should take him. He's far faster than whatever 40 time he ran. He's not only a tough, gritty player who can make catches in traffic, Shipley has speed to stretch the field and he's clutch on 3rd downs. Tack on his KR/PR ability and he's exactly what we need.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking him as high as the 3rd.

Yes. He reminds me of Welker and that ain't bad.
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:
Dez Bryant is the only WR I really want in this draft. Jacoby Ford later would be great for special teams and an occasional deep threat. People would have to respect his speed (Ford).

Demaryius Thomas>>>>Dez Bryant. Better athleticism, bigger, more work ethic, etc. DT reminds me of a young TO. If he would've played with a real QB and a real system at GT he would've gone crazy. 1K yards and 25 yards per catch is insane. He supposedly also ran a 4.38 40 on tape before he injured his foot and couldn't run at the combine. Plus he has a better attitude and less question marks.

No way DT runs in the 4.3s. He is around a 4.45. At best. Those 40 times are so screwed up (Taylor Mays at combine ran an unofficial 4.28 and an official time of 4.43). however, Thomas is one of the most explosive players and straight line speed is not always as important as acceleration, which thomas has in spades.

Only thing keeping him back are his hands. They don't suck, but they sure aren't as good as Dez's. Thomas can lose concentration and drop easy passes, as well as the fact that he is really raw and has never ran pro routes.

I actually like Damian Williams, but I think both DT and DW will go in the first 7 in the second round.

Just realised that i wrote "eould" instead of would in the title. I gotta get more sleep.

I dunno man, I know he might not have great hands, but they aren't Troy Williamsonesque either. I'd say they're decent. He reminds me of TO dude. TO was picked in the 3rd, but if you redid 96 draft over again he'd be top 10. He's going to be a lot better than the majority of the WRs in this draft. I like Williams too btw but I'd much rather taker DT because there's so much potential there.

I think more Andre Johnson (without the hands), but ya no doubt he is gonna be an explosive reciever. I voted for him, but I doubt he is still there. That is why I didn't write Golden Tate (will be first pick in 2nd round). I also think Damian will go to NE in the second round. Hopefully, one drops to us (if NE takes Jerry Hughes instead)