There are 158 users in the forums

Which reciever eould you rather take

Which reciever eould you rather take

My personal opinion would be either Dez at 17 (as long as Seattle, Denver or Jacksonviller doesn't pick him) or Demaryius Thomas/Damian Williams in round 2.

Williams is a good route runner and great after the catch with steady and sure hands, but also limited upside. He is a good slot reciever and can move the chains. Very useful on any team.
Thomas on the other hand reminds me of Andre Johnson, but with much worse hands. Thomas is a FREAK athlete and has good quickness (not great timed speed, but can run away from Ddefenses) and is big and uses his strength. He is also great at going up and getting the ball its apex and making mid air adjustments. However, his hands are suspects and he never ran any pro routes in Georgia Tech.
After that Andre Roberts is my next favorite, and is good value in the 4rd round.

So, what do you think we should do?
Dez Bryant is the only WR I really want in this draft. Jacoby Ford later would be great for special teams and an occasional deep threat. People would have to respect his speed (Ford).
We are surely not going to take another receiver in the first.
Originally posted by English:
We are surely not going to take another receiver in the first.

We may if the right one falls to us. We don't have many playmakers on this team if you compare us with Minnesota or New Orleans for example.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dez Bryant is the only WR I really want in this draft. Jacoby Ford later would be great for special teams and an occasional deep threat. People would have to respect his speed (Ford).

Demaryius Thomas>>>>Dez Bryant. Better athleticism, bigger, more work ethic, etc. DT reminds me of a young TO. If he would've played with a real QB and a real system at GT he would've gone crazy. 1K yards and 25 yards per catch is insane. He supposedly also ran a 4.38 40 on tape before he injured his foot and couldn't run at the combine. Plus he has a better attitude and less question marks.
TO

[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Mar 24, 2010 at 02:24:00 ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Demaryius Thomas>>>>Dez Bryant. Better athleticism, bigger, more work ethic, etc. DT reminds me of a young TO. If he would've played with a real QB and a real system at GT he would've gone crazy. 1K yards and 25 yards per catch is insane. He supposedly also ran a 4.38 40 on tape before he injured his foot and couldn't run at the combine. Plus he has a better attitude and less question marks.

His #'s are rumors at this point. He is injured and did not run. Nobody knows what he runs. He may be good. He may not. He's a good prospect in this draft on some levels.
Out of everyone listed, I would be happiest with Shipley in the 3rd or 4th. I think he probably has the best hands of the bunch and also has proven return abilities.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Golden Tate via trade down in the 1st round.
If Shipley fell to the 4th, we should take him. He's far faster than whatever 40 time he ran. He's not only a tough, gritty player who can make catches in traffic, Shipley has speed to stretch the field and he's clutch on 3rd downs. Tack on his KR/PR ability and he's exactly what we need.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking him as high as the 3rd.

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Golden Tate via trade down in the 1st round.

+1
Thomas. Would just be another guy who should go earlier sliding to us because of an injury.

I think he goes late 1st/early 2nd even with the injury.

Also not listed is Mardy Gilyard who if we could get him in the 3rd would be a very welcomed addition to the team.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
I like Jordan Shipley in the slot and we can have him do some punt returns.

A poor mans Wes Welker?
Thomas would give us another explosive WR to add to the offense, if he is available in the 2nd he would be hard to pass up IMO
Shipley in the 4th gives us the best value. He is as close as it comes to being ready to contribute. Having him in the slot would be great for us. If not him, then Andre Roberts is another guy I really like
Share 49ersWebzone