There are 397 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Free Agency Mock: Many Realistic Surprises

Free Agency is mostly over. I see us possibly adding Pitts, but that won't impact our draft. I couldn't believe who we drafted until i actually started to put the players down in order, one by one. Most people will say oh no way berry drops. But, recently Pioli said what most teams feel about safety's. They're not good value inside the top 10. In fact, the last time a FS was drafted inside the top 10 was Sean Taylor in 2004. Other DB's and SS's have been drafted within the top 10 since 2004, but they are notoriously bad first round drafting teams such as the Redskins, Bills, and Raiders. Those safteys are Witner, Huff, and Landry. Puke. Those 3 teams all will be drafting inside the top 10, but none of them need a safety. I'd also like to point out a similar trend is found with CB's. The last time a CB was drafted higher than 13 was McKelvin @ 11 by the Bills. Other than that, you'd have to go back to 2005. 2 of those 3 CB's drafted inside the top 13 are either no longer playing that position (rolle) or out of the nfl (pacman). Carlos Rodgers is the other and he is average at best.

SO it would appear on the surface that Pioli is correct or at least is able to back it up with facts. The value for safety's just isnt there that high. http://www.sbnation.com/2010/3/22/1384749/eric-berry-chiefs-nfl-draft

With all of that said here ya go! I welcome all questions and hope to give you a reasonable answer to support my thinking.

1. St. Louis- Sam Bradford
2. Detroit- Ndamukong Suh
3. Tampa Bay- Gerald McCoy
4. Washington- Russell Okung
5. Kansas City- Trent Williams
6. Seattle- Anthony Davis
7. Cleveland- Derrick Morgan
8. Oakland- Jason Pierre- Paul
9. Buffalo- Dan Williams
10. Jacksonville- Joe Haden
11. Denver- Earl Thomas
12. Miami- C.J. Spiller
13. San Francisco- Eric Berry
14. Seattle- Ryan Mathews
15. New York Giants- Taylor Mays
16. Tennessee- Jimmy Clausen
17. San Francisco- Bryan Bulaga
18. Pittsburgh- Kyle Wilson
19. Atlanta- Brandon Graham
20. Houston- Devin McCourty
21. Cincinnati- Carlos Dunlap
22. New England- Demaryius “Bey-Bey” Thomas
23. Green Bay- Charles Brown
24. Philadelphia- Sean Weatherspoon
25. Baltimore- Kareem Jackson
26. Arizona- Rolondo McClain
27. Dallas- Maurkice Pouncey
28. San Diego- Jared Odrick
29. New York Jets- Jerry Hughes
30. Minnesota- Brian Price
31. Indianapolis- Roger Saffold
32. New Orleans- Daryl Washington
Wow.

I don't think that'll happen at all, but getting Berry and Bulaga would be the ultimate.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Wow.

I don't think that'll happen at all, but getting Berry and Bulaga would be the ultimate.

Any reason you think it won't? Do the players slotted where i have them (specifically before our picks) not make sense?
anthony davis wont be a top 10 pick, and cleveland will take berry if he gets to 7
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Wow.

Any reason you think it won't? Do the players slotted where i have them (specifically before our picks) not make sense?

berry wont fall past 7 and probally will go in top 5 and
bulaga has a small chance of going to 13 no way he goes to 17
Originally posted by crabman82:
anthony davis wont be a top 10 pick, and cleveland will take berry if he gets to 7

A lot of similar concerns were said about Andre Smith. Before the Combine, Davis was considered one of the best if not the best OT coming out. I say he rectifies things before the draft, similar to Smith. Also, lets not forget who Sea's coach is. Pete "players coach" Carroll. Also, gibbs is a heckuva oline coach that can coach him up.

Also, Clev. very well could take Berry, but pass rush, after trading their best pass rushing dlineman and OLB, is there biggest need.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Wow.

berry wont fall past 7 and probally will go in top 5 and
bulaga has a small chance of going to 13 no way he goes to 17

Oher was a much better prospect and dropped to what, 23??? This is very doable. Esp with the number of OT's i have going before him. I think Bulaga is the best OT in the draft, but i get a sense i might be the only one.
Wow.

Where to start... the consensus #2 safety will not go before the #1 who has done nothing but improve his stock this off season. Davis may go top ten, but Bulaga will not fall to 17, some one would trade up for him.

Berry is the best safety prospect in years, he is a comparable prospect to Sean Taylor and will not fall to 13. Although I hope I am wrong, and would love for this draft to come true. But I don't recommend any body start holding their breath.

[ Edited by 49er4life on Mar 23, 2010 at 20:41:56 ]
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Wow.

Where to start... the consensus #2 safety will not go before the #1 who has done nothing but improve his stock this off season. Davis may go top ten, but Bulaga will not fall to 17, some one would trade up for him.

Berry is the best safety prospect in years, he is a comparable prospect to Sean Taylor and will not fall to 13. Although I hope I am wrong, and would love for this draft to come true. But I don't recommend any body start holding their breath.

Mayock rates E. Thomas higher than E. Berry. I don't agree, but he's way more accurate than we are. Also, i have Denver drafting E. Thomas as a corner, not a safety.
I'd cream in my shorts if this happened.
You don't have Dez Bryant going anywhere in the first round, and the chances of that happening are much lower than Berry falling to 13.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners23:
You don't have Dez Bryant going anywhere in the first round, and the chances of that happening are much lower than Berry falling to 13.

Actually it's the other way around. It's more likely for Bryant to fall out of the 1st round than it is for Berry to fall to 13. Bryant has some character concerns that could cause his stock to drop.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Wow.

Mayock rates E. Thomas higher than E. Berry. I don't agree, but he's way more accurate than we are. Also, i have Denver drafting E. Thomas as a corner, not a safety.

Berry could play corner also but Denver is highly unlikely to draft a corner in the 1st round when they traded THEIR 2010 1st round pick last year to get back into the 2nd round to select Alphonso Smith.
Does Cinci really want another party player on their roster with Dunlap. Dude was asleep at the wheel. Well...at least if this whole football thing doesn't work out him and Maulaluga could open up a bar!
wow...total shocker that you're a 49ers fan.

I can't take anyone seriously who drops players down like that just to have them go to your favorite team.

There is no way in hell Berry drops to us unless he tears his knee up or rapes an underage kid before the draft.