There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Patrick's 2010 NFL Mock draft 3.2 (first 2 rd mock + player rankings)

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
who the hell is kyle wilson ? dude came outta nowhere from the mid 20's/2nd round i guess ?

Totally. Definitely overrated
If we took Kyle Wislon over Brandon Graham or Earl Thomas I would be pissed. IMO they present with more value at 17
Originally posted by miked1978:
I've seen a # of mocks that have Okung as the 2nd drafted OT when he was the 1st for the longest. Whats with the change now? I thought he had an impressive combine.

I think almost everyone agrees he is the best OT in the draft but word is Pioli really loves the "blue collar" and NFL ready Bryan Bulaga. The Pats for years had those kind of blue collar guys, esspecially on the O-Line and now with Piloi running the Chiefs, he wants to build his line around a guy like Bulaga. It wouldn't totally shock me though if the Lions took Okung at #2.
Originally posted by mavfd9er:
If we took Kyle Wislon over Brandon Graham or Earl Thomas I would be pissed. IMO they present with more value at 17

IMO, we couldn't go wrong with any of the three guys mentioned above.
Originally posted by mavfd9er:

i agree, take graham a big time proven pass rusher over a little corner who didn't face much competition. earl thomas is also a way better prospect than wilson but would the niners want to move goldson to ss and have him learn a new posiston all over again?
would the niners take clausen if he fell to 13?
Originally posted by KD49ers:
would the niners take clausen if he fell to 13?

I don't think he would get past Buffalo but if somehow he fell to 13...Hmm, Im not sure if the 49ers would take him. Most likely maybe trade out of that spot and some team would trade up for him.
Originally posted by genus49:
Not bad but this draft is very CB rich. It would be stupid to pass up guys like Graham or Iupati in the first when a corner similar to Wilson could be available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Agree
The more I think about and evaluate things I think that there is a decent chance we take Spiller at 13 if he is available. If Trent Williams is gone, I think it's 50-50 the team takes Anthony Davis. If they don't, I think Spiller or Taylor Mays will be the pick at 13 and either Brandon Graham, Kyle Wilson or Mike Iupati at 17.
Originally posted by 49ersFan831:
really kile wilson BORING lets spice thing up a bit shall we 1a. LT,TRENT WILLIAMS- solids offensive line 1b.FS, TAYLOR MAYS-really fast hard hitting and will polsh up pass covarage under sing camp 2round. WR,MARDY GILYARD polished rout running ,future KR,PR, extra weapon for smith 3round.DE,LAMMAR HOUSTON-provides pass rush and deph plus future starter for justin smith 4round, OLB,ERIC NORWOOD-will rotate with manny lawson 6 SB RING HERE WE COME[/b]

The way things look right now, Trent Williams is not getting out of the top 10. A lot of it will have to do what Oakland does. If they don't take Williams or Davis, I think at least one of the two will fall to us. Davis stock is really low right now and I have seen him projected to go as low as 26.
I have no real issues w/Davis or Wilson...that is, if Bulaga, Campbell are off the board and Haden's also gone. As to who Kyle Wilson is, he's a very fast CB who also has excellent KR skills. KW has the closing speed to cover the fast receivers, something Nate has been struggling with. But, another direction Singletary/Baalke may go is to to all-out for OL and take Iupati. I'd sure have no heartburn with that...in Solari and Ray Brown's hands, the new studs would have the opportunity to make an impact their first season and more importantly, upgrade the OL. Also like the Misi pick...he's one of those "tweeners" who'd play OLB for the Niners. He's got a nose for the football and a very good motor.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I have no real issues w/Davis or Wilson...that is, if Bulaga, Campbell are off the board and Haden's also gone. As to who Kyle Wilson is, he's a very fast CB who also has excellent KR skills. KW has the closing speed to cover the fast receivers, something Nate has been struggling with. But, another direction Singletary/Baalke may go is to to all-out for OL and take Iupati. I'd sure have no heartburn with that...in Solari and Ray Brown's hands, the new studs would have the opportunity to make an impact their first season and more importantly, upgrade the OL. Also like the Misi pick...he's one of those "tweeners" who'd play OLB for the Niners. He's got a nose for the football and a very good motor.

Bulaga will be off the board well before then. I think he is almost a lock to go to Kansas City at 5. I think it's 50-50 Haden is available at 13. I agree that Iupati could be a real special player with Solari and Ray Brown coaching him up but jeez I just I hate taking an offensive guard with the 17th overall pick.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Bulaga will be off the board well before then. I think he is almost a lock to go to Kansas City at 5. I think it's 50-50 Haden is available at 13. I agree that Iupati could be a real special player with Solari and Ray Brown coaching him up but jeez I just I hate taking an offensive guard with the 17th overall pick.

i agree with Bulaga being off the board, its funny I was watching Sportscenter, and they had Kiper on and he said Bulaga to GB late in rd 1, i lmao, cause Bulaga and Campbell are climbing the draft boards.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
The more I think about and evaluate things I think that there is a decent chance we take Spiller at 13 if he is available. If Trent Williams is gone, I think it's 50-50 the team takes Anthony Davis. If they don't, I think Spiller or Taylor Mays will be the pick at 13 and either Brandon Graham, Kyle Wilson or Mike Iupati at 17.

I think Graham is a good pick at 13 if who you mentioned is gone