There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

In Regards to the Need for a RT, I Have a Feeling...

• Stuuk
  • Veteran
If the coveted OTs are off the board at 13 I think they might take BPA at 13 (Maybe a CB/DE dependent on their Draft Board).

And at 17 look to maybe trade back a few spots (prior to Green Bay at 23) and select
an OT from Davis or Charles Brown

[ Edited by Stuuk on Mar 24, 2010 at 07:53:50 ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
...the 49ers trade for a veteran OT. Face it, The closer we get to the draft, the less likely it looks like we'll get a top OT. We've heard that the talent level drops significantly after the top 4 OT prospects. I would trade for a veteran.

Jonas Jennings, Marvel Smith, Tony Pashos. Odds are we will be able to get one of the top 4 OT's in the first round, or else someone like Ducasse in the second. Time to fix the problem, not put on another band-aid.
Originally posted by rapid4:
Originally posted by PTulini:
...the 49ers trade for a veteran OT. Face it, The closer we get to the draft, the less likely it looks like we'll get a top OT. We've heard that the talent level drops significantly after the top 4 OT prospects. I would trade for a veteran.

Jonas Jennings, Marvel Smith, Tony Pashos. Odds are we will be able to get one of the top 4 OT's in the first round, or else someone like Ducasse in the second. Time to fix the problem, not put on another band-aid.

Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.
The thing is, Singletary/Baalke won't want to settle for a guy who's just a RT...any OT taken in the 1st rd should have the ability to also play LT. Coach has made no secret of the fact he'd move Staley back to RT if he acquires a better LT. Now that they've re-signed Sims, I see them drafting best OT and OG...to bring some young studs into the mix. Barry has already said one of the reasons he came back was to help mentor the youngsters...so I see that as the best option. In Solari and Ray Brown's hands, the newbies could likely contribute significantly their first season.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The thing is, Singletary/Baalke won't want to settle for a guy who's just a RT...any OT taken in the 1st rd should have the ability to also play LT. Coach has made no secret of the fact he'd move Staley back to RT if he acquires a better LT. Now that they've re-signed Sims, I see them drafting best OT and OG...to bring some young studs into the mix. Barry has already said one of the reasons he came back was to help mentor the youngsters...so I see that as the best option. In Solari and Ray Brown's hands, the newbies could likely contribute significantly their first season.

Draft a starting OT and significant OG? 49ers? What would Scot think?