There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New WalterFootball Mock (3/23)- No OT in 1st

Originally posted by krizay:
I like everything except getting the 2 most overrated players in the draft in the 1st round.

word
teeoh, with the value of the top ten picks in the draft, I would bet that Trent Williams WILL be there at 17. Being strickly a RT with his shorter arms, I cant see anybody picking before us that will select him, not even the Raiders
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'm just not a Haden fan. However if we do draft obviously i hope he proves me wrong.

Why not?

Not sure why. Just not a fan. Plus i think we are more than OK at CB. Clements, Spencer, Brown and Bly/Harris.

He's got great cover skills. He would immediately be the best CB on the team. I know we're ok at CB, but we're not going to be selecting this high in for a while, so why not grab the best corner in the draft while we can.

In that case, pick the best OT at #13, Iupati at #17, trade David Baas and the #49 for a pick in the top of the 2nd Round. Then select the fastest/best CB/returner or Jahvid Best, etc.

Or BPA at #17, Iupati at #17, trade Baas and the #49 for the best OT (e.g., Scaffold)
I wouldn't mind this draft at all.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by miked1978:

I think it would be pretty good too.
Why wouldn't anyone like this draft?

You draft arguably the best cornerback in the draft and the best running back who happens to be the best returner.

In the 2nd, we draft a beast of a man in Veldheer who has potential to be a pretty good RT and then the second best guard prospect in Asamoagh.

Why anyone wouldn't like this is really beyond me.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Not bad, I'm almost done with my mock that also includes not taking an OT in the 1st.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
teeoh, with the value of the top ten picks in the draft, I would bet that Trent Williams WILL be there at 17. Being strickly a RT with his shorter arms, I cant see anybody picking before us that will select him, not even the Raiders

When did 34" arms become short?

You draft arguably the best cornerback in the draft and the best running back who happens to be the best returner.

In the 2nd, we draft a beast of a man in Veldheer who has potential to be a pretty good RT and then the second best guard prospect in Asamoagh.

I don't think Spiller is the best runningback. I don't mind the other picks at all, I just agree with krizay that Spiller is overrated.
Originally posted by teeohh:

I don't think Spiller is the best runningback. I don't mind the other picks at all, I just agree with krizay that Spiller is overrated.

Yes he is overrated by us but not to the point to where Bush was a few years ago. Spiller is a much better running back and an explosive kick returner. He also had very good rushing numbers in Clemson where their offensive line was not very good.

His value and skills should not be ignored just because we, as fans, overrate him.

BTW, who do you think is the best running back in the draft?

Yes he is overrated by us but not to the point to where Bush was a few years ago. Spiller is a much better running back and an explosive kick returner. He also had very good rushing numbers in Clemson where their offensive line was not very good.

His value and skills should not be ignored just because we, as fans, overrate him.

BTW, who do you think is the best running back in the draft?

If you think Spiller is better than Bush we need to take him. Bush may have taken a few years to figure out the NFL but he's a GREAT, not good, asset to any NFL team today.
I would be happy with this draft. Although, I havn't heard of the 3rd round player before til' now.
i'm cool with this draft for sure. but i just am afraid we won't get a good RT. if asamoah isn't there in the 3rd our line is still s**t, alex smith won't get time and end up on his back, which in turn will create turmoil between chemistry of QB/WR and also means our running lanes will be s**t and that will = spiller sucking. not only that, but our D will be on the field a bunch because we will go 3 and out like we always have after not addressing the OLine and THAT will = haden sucking.

O LINE MAN! at least with #17!

but...

our madden team would be so good with that 1st round!

not every down back = not worth early to mid first round pick.