Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New WalterFootball Mock (3/23)- No OT in 1st

1a. Joe Haden
1b. CJ Spiller
2. Jared Veldheer- OT- Hillsdale
3. Jon Asamoah- G- Illinois
4. Myron Rolle- SS- Florida St.

I wouldn't mind this draft at all. I actually prefer taking the best rb and best corner off the board over the 4th or 5th best tackle. The only thing I would change though is I would draft Vladimir Ducasse instead Veldheer but I have never really heard of Veldheer. He has Ducasse going in the third. Let me know what you guys think
link
[ Edited by asu49ers on Mar 23, 2010 at 1:33 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I like everything except getting the 2 most overrated players in the draft in the 1st round.
Originally posted by krizay:
I like everything except getting the 2 most overrated players in the draft in the 1st round.

LOL
I don't know if Asamoah will fall to the 3rd.

The word is out on him...he's gonna be a beast.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by asu49ers:
1a. Joe Haden
1b. CJ Spiller
2. Jared Veldheer- OT- Hillsdale
3. Jon Asamoah- G- Illinois
4. Myron Rolle- SS- Florida St.

I wouldn't mind this draft at all. I actually prefer taking the best rb and best corner off the board over the 4th or 5th best tackle. The only thing I would change though is I would draft Vladimir Ducasse instead Veldheer but I have never really heard of Veldheer. He has Ducasse going in the third. Let me know what you guys think
link

I think we should trade 20011 first round + to NE. for #22 and draft Charles Brown.
[ Edited by cupcheck on Mar 23, 2010 at 3:31 AM ]
nevermind
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Mar 23, 2010 at 6:06 AM ]
Anthony Davis falls all the way to the Cardinals after being the second rated OT just a little over a month ago?

Wow how things change.

Did his game tape all of the sudden become crap? I don't know, I am just asking. I didn't watch a single Rutgers game last year.

Someone who watched him please tell me what happened to this guy besides talk that he is lazy and out of shape. And, besides, he didn't look out of shape to me at the combine, but again, what do I know.
I'm just not a Haden fan. However if we do draft obviously i hope he proves me wrong.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Anthony Davis falls all the way to the Cardinals after being the second rated OT just a little over a month ago?

Wow how things change.

Did his game tape all of the sudden become crap? I don't know, I am just asking. I didn't watch a single Rutgers game last year.

Someone who watched him please tell me what happened to this guy besides talk that he is lazy and out of shape. And, besides, he didn't look out of shape to me at the combine, but again, what do I know.

apparently all they said about him was that he is lazy and out of shape and if i am not mistaken he didnt even attend his pro day (not too sure) either way i think he would be a steal with the 17th pick but thats just me
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Wow how things change.

apparently all they said about him was that he is lazy and out of shape and if i am not mistaken he didnt even attend his pro day (not too sure) either way i think he would be a steal with the 17th pick but thats just me

I thought there was a scheduling mix up with Davis. And this is the same thing that happened with Oher last year. Dude was a top 10 pick about 2 months before the draft. The the Ravens got a steal.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'm just not a Haden fan. However if we do draft obviously i hope he proves me wrong.

Why not?
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
I don't know if Asamoah will fall to the 3rd.

The word is out on him...he's gonna be a beast.

Agree..

If we don't select Iupati in the 1st, I like Asamoah in the 2nd.
Originally posted by mayo63:

Why not?

Not sure why. Just not a fan. Plus i think we are more than OK at CB. Clements, Spencer, Brown and Bly/Harris.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:

Why not?

Not sure why. Just not a fan. Plus i think we are more than OK at CB. Clements, Spencer, Brown and Bly/Harris.

He's got great cover skills. He would immediately be the best CB on the team. I know we're ok at CB, but we're not going to be selecting this high in for a while, so why not grab the best corner in the draft while we can.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Mar 23, 2010 at 7:41 AM ]
Not a bad draft.