LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

What if Suh falls?

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
There's been lots of talk in 49er land about Berry falling and us trading up to get him. I've always felt that was unlikely based on the stated preference of Scot McCloughan. (Of course now that he's out that might change.)

I have another idea though. What if Suh falls to #3 or later? Do we pull the trigger on getting that deal done? Consider this:

1. Rams
Sam Bradford
Bradford has private workouts with the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Browns and Redskins. The doctors say his shoulder is healthy and he's ready to go. Rams grab him because all they have on their roster is perennial backup AJ Feeley and Sam Null

2. Lions
Russel Okung
Reports out of the combine were that the Lions were becoming very enamored of Okung. They have a $70 million investment in Stafford that they need to protect better. By drafting Okung they can slide Backus inside to LG and kill two birds with one stone.

3. Bucs
Gerald McCoy
Everybody in the Bucs war room is doing cartwheels right about now. They never dreamed that even one of the top DT in the draft could fall to them and now both are here. McCoy is a better fit for their defensive scheme than Suh is.

Here's where things get exciting. The 4th overall pick is worth 1800 points according to the draft board. We offer the Redskins both first rounders (2100 pts) in exchange for the 4th overall pick (1800 pts). The deal also includes us swapping 2nd round picks (140 pts difference) and acquiring their 4th round pick (204 pts). We leave a little bit on the table but that's ok.

We then trade our 1b to New England for two of their 2nd round picks (44 and 46)

This gives us the following picks

#4 (1st round)
#44 (2nd round)
#46 (2nd round)
#49 (2nd round)
#111 (3rd round)
#142 (5th round)
#173 (6th round)
#197 (6th round comp pick)
#209 (7th round)

I'd do this in a heart beat. We can get lots of value out of three 2nd round picks and a defensive line of Smith at right defensive end, Franklin at nose tackle, and Suh at left defensive end would give offensive lines heart attacks. This is a trade that I can see the FO going for right away simply because of the value of Suh and the later picks.

Thoughts?
putting suh in the 3-4 would be wasting his talents imo
Were you one of the advisors when the Dolphins drafted Ricky Williams?

Just kidding - your pieces fit together, but the scenario depends on so many assumptions that it's hard to comment.
so if we traded #13 and #17 for #4, how does the trade with NE work??
Originally posted by Sinsation:

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

we have 2 17th overall picks, didnt you know?

^ this.. Read your post twice just in case i read it wrong. I'd rather keep our two first rounders.
Originally posted by fandemonium:

Just kidding - your pieces fit together, but the scenario depends on so many assumptions that it's hard to comment.

You do know that Rickey Williams was drafted by the Saints...
Suh (Sioux) Falls? Like South Dakota??
the suh nazi sez, no suh for you

The saints drafted Ricky Williams, so who are your advisors???

Also, Suh not a great fit in our scheme and the more I watch his tape, the lower I think of him. Still top 10 talent, but I think Gerald McCoy is the much better prospect. I think it was Mayock who said it best, Suh makes plays but McCoy creates plays. Alot of Suh is from hustle and just never giving up, which is important but will only get you so far. Still extremely talented.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

what if Suh falls?

• 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
You want to trade up For SUH?

Have you seen our o-line?

You want to make SUH play in a 3-4?

Dude! Bad thread!
Originally posted by 49er4life:

You do know that Rickey Williams was drafted by the Saints...

Yep - these late night posts are murder on my thought processes. That mistake blew my entire point.

Oh well.
Share 49ersWebzone