There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's a better prospect coming out ?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Crabtree was the better player for sure. Bryant is 1 inch taller. Not that 1 inch matters much but that's why he gets the hype on this board for being bigger.

Cosigned. Crabtree ran better routes, was more committed, and has better hands. Plus Crab has really long arms for a guy who is 6'1''. I like Crabtree as the better prospect, I'm not a huge fan of Dez Bryant.
If you're looking from a purely physical standpoint, Bryant is the best WR to come out since Calvin Johnson. His mix of size, speed and strength are freakish.

On the other hand, I think Crabtree is just genuinely a better football player. If you look at the best receivers in the NFL (Rice, Irvin, Harrison etc) you'll notice that it's rare to find one who has elite physical stats, but the common factor they all share is that they were devoted football players who ran routes to perfection and did everything to win.

As much crap as Crabtree got about his contract stalemate, no one can doubt his performance and work ethic before or after he finally signed. Hell, the dude was working out and practicing like crazy before he even signed - that just shows dedication to his craft. In the long run, I would rather have someone like Crabtree who I feel will be the better WR due to his obvious love for the game and his excellent work ethic as opposed to Bryant who has been noted to act like a diva during college. Truth be told, there was never anyone that pointed to Crabtree being a diva or missing practices, or not working hard in college; the only thing bad about him ended up being rumors the Browns stirred up, and pressure his cousin and agent put on him for a contract holdout.

TLDR: Crabtree because he has all the intangibles that make great receivers, not just good ones.