There are 297 users in the forums

Who's a better prospect coming out ?

CRABTREE15

OR

DEZ BRYANT

Me personally i think crab will be a better player, but if dez didnt have the attitude problems he would be a top 10 pick. So i ask the ZONE which one is a better prospect?
I'd have to give it to Bryant. More proven.
Personally I just don't like Bryant. I think Bryant has the better size, and speed, plus he can be a factor in the return game. Overall he just has a better skill set. I think Crabtree was much more productive and a little bit more polished than Bryant. Crabtree was always consistent. But wen it comes down to prospects the bigger faster guy wins. I just don't think he's gonna pan out into a quality WR. I just don't think he has the drive and work ethic to learn and run crisp NFL routes. That's something I think Crabtree does have though he will have diva moments.
Originally posted by genus49:

Huh?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

Proven?

Crabtree Rec yards = 3127 TD = 41

Bryant Rec yards = 2425 TD = 29
Originally posted by KID9R:

Proven?

also, Crabtree won the Biletnikoff Award in back to back years. Sure, Bryant is more physically gifted, but when it comes down to production on the field, Crabtree wins hands down.
All that being said, Bryant is a better prospect given his size and speed, plus he had good production before his suspension. Crabtree coming out was more of a sure thing, but Bryant has the physical tools to be better at the next level, which is why he gets the slight advantage IMO.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Without a doubt, Dez Bryant.
Originally posted by KID9R:

Proven?

Look at the offense Carbtree played in. Yea, I know Bryant played in spread too, but you can plug ANYONE into Texas Tech and they'll put up numbers. Plus, Bryant only played a few games this year. Bryant is a better prospect. Bigger, faster, stronger, and punt return skills.
i still think Crabs is/was a better prospect coming outta college. The only thing Bryant has over Crabs is the size. I'd give hands and route running to Crabs. Neither are burners, but from the highlights you never see Dez running away from anyone, with Crabs u can. Also, the other issues, Crabs - diva, Dez - irresponsible. I think Crabs was a STEAL at 10. Bryant i wouldn't take in the top 10.

I think they're very similar in many ways (size, speed, hands, getting after the ball, big-play ability, desire, motivation, etc.). I'd take either one, and very happy that we at least do have one.
crabtree was better prospect coming out and more of a sure thing coming ut

dez ryant has more physical tools and although not as sure thing as crabtree he has more potential to be a better WR
So i ask you guys this which combo would you prefer ( crab & trent williams ) or ( dez and oher).. If crab didn't fall we could have took oher and this year maybe bryant. Im just a lil curious what you guys prefer.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MOEMONEY87:
So i ask you guys this which combo would you prefer ( crab & trent williams ) or ( dez and oher).. If crab didn't fall we could have took oher and this year maybe bryant. Im just a lil curious what you guys prefer.

Crab and Gaither
Crabtree was the better player for sure. Bryant is 1 inch taller. Not that 1 inch matters much but that's why he gets the hype on this board for being bigger.
Share 49ersWebzone