LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

My Dream Draft for First 2 Rounds

This would require trading back. I also have no problem trading next years picks. So, it is just a dream scenario. There are so many great prospects going late 1st, early second in this draft. I would love the 9ers to leave the first 2 rounds with the following four players.

one of Kyle Wilson/Devin McCourty/Kareem Jackson
Charles Brown
Terrence Cody
Javid Best
Originally posted by endcapitalism:
This would require trading back. I also have no problem trading next years picks. So, it is just a dream scenario. There are so many great prospects going late 1st, early second in this draft. I would love the 9ers to leave the first 2 rounds with the following four players.

Charles Brown
Terrence Cody
Javid Best

You drafts is about as good as your handle.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
3 backups and a starter by default is your dream darft?

In this deep draft not the best use of 3 top 50 picks IMO.
Your dream is my nightmare.
Originally posted by genus49:

lol
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

lol

Haha
I am surprised I got hammered, but what is sad is only Krizay tried to give a reason for his/her opinion.
Originally posted by krizay:

So I explicate why this is my dream draft.

Huge RT need filled with Brown. Krizay, I assume this is the starter by default, but considering the top 3 OTs will be gone by our 13th pick, any OT by your opinion would be a starter by default. I think it would be stupid to trade up for one of those OT, but apparently that is what Krizay wants to do.

Clements contract (good contract by Paraag Marathe, the real money way overstated) will ramp up starting 2011, so unless he is willing to rework his contract he is gone after next season. Any one of the 3 DBs above will be a nice starter in 2011 (probably in 2010 too, but not needed b/c we actually have some talent on this team)

Drafting Cody allows the 9ers to let Franklin walk after next season.

Best will give you all the qualities of Spiller at a lower cost, giving our offense a new dimension and a special explosion.
[ Edited by endcapitalism on Mar 22, 2010 at 2:18 PM ]
I like McCourty to. I think he is better than Kyle Wilson. No one wanted Wilson coming out of H.S in NJ. Who did he face out there in the swac or west coast conf or whatever its called.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I am surprised I got hammered, but what is sad is only Krizay tried to give a reason for his/her opinion.
Originally posted by krizay:

So I explicate why this is my dream draft.

Huge RT need filled with Brown. Krizay, I assume this is the starter by default, but considering the top 3 OTs will be gone by our 13th pick, any OT by your opinion would be a starter by default. I think it would be stupid to trade up for one of those OT, but apparently that is what Krizay wants to do.

Clements contract (good contract by Paraag Marathe, the real money way overstated) will ramp up starting 2011, so unless he is willing to rework his contract he is gone after next season. Any one of the 3 DBs above will be a nice starter in 2011 (probably in 2010 too, but not needed b/c we actually have some talent on this team)

Drafting Cody allows the 9ers to let Franklin walk after next season.

Best will give you all the qualities of Spiller at a lower cost, giving our offense a new dimension and a special explosion.

That is not what I think we should do. In fact i'm against drafting a tackle in the 1st now.

You're assuming those Db's beat out Brown and/or Spencer who both played pretty well last year. Would be even beter if you drafted a pass rusher like Graham. Then adding a slightly lesser talent at CB in the 3rdish round who too would benefit from Graham.

The Cody pick I wouldn't be mad at at all. Though I'd keep Franklin. However, that's the pick i'd take a tackle.

Again don't like using that high a pick on a RB that will get you only 7-10 plays a game on average. But depending on how the draft shakes out, I wouldn't be opposed to it either really.
This draft is definitely future oriented, it allows us to release/trade Franklin and Clements from their contracts and it adds a home-run threat.

However, a lot rides on Williams being there at 13, which I think is doubtful.

How could "endcapitalism" possibly be interested in the capitalistic NFL?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

Charles Brown
Terrence Cody
Javid Best

You drafts is about as good as your handle.

+1...damn Communist
FAIL!

Now the Yorks are going to let you go for "personal reasons."

It's been real bud!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This draft is definitely future oriented, it allows us to release/trade Franklin and Clements from their contracts and it adds a home-run threat.

However, a lot rides on Williams being there at 13, which I think is doubtful.

I couldn't agree with you more. I would jump at the chance to take Williams at 13.

Funny how I was disregarded with every other post, yet the best 9er beat writer just wrote an article today "Brown could be 49ers' best option in draft." But then he couldn't know what he is writing about, unlike the knowledgable Webzone.
Share 49ersWebzone