LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

Joe Haden at 13 or 17 or Kyle Wilson at 17?

Joe Haden at 13 or 17 or Kyle Wilson at 17?

I saw one draft where these two were SFs 13, and 17th picks.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

whos the moron who made that mock
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

whos the moron who made that mock

Barney Rubble
As Ive been saying, Joe Haden is a stud CB and that is the reason why we take him at #13. His slow 40 time was due to a poor stance and slow first step. Did you listen to what Deion said when Haden got down to run? Deion was going crazy on how bad his form was.
We pick him. Enough said.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php
  • Frisch
  • Info N/A
I might be a Noob but we would be in the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl with some bold moves like I suggested. Also, why waste 1st round picks on guys you don't know what they will do once they get paid and get in the NFL, example Roy Williams, Lions. Established players are the way to go. Give all that 1st round money to McNabb and Marshall. They get it done and that's what the niners need. Dump Jones. Another year with Smith at the helm makes me want to vomit.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisch:
I might be a Noob but we would be in the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl with some bold moves like I suggested. Also, why waste 1st round picks on guys you don't know what they will do once they get paid and get in the NFL, example Roy Williams, Lions. Established players are the way to go. Give all that 1st round money to McNabb and Marshall. They get it done and that's what the niners need. Dump Jones. Another year with Smith at the helm makes me want to vomit.

Money picks 13 & 17 got :

Orakpo got a 5 year 15.4 million dollar deal.

Freeman got a 5 year 26 million dollar deal.

McNabb is currently on a 2 year 24.5 million dollar deal and Marshall will likely want to be paid close to the highest paid WR in the league so at least 10 million a year. Significant difference from what you are paying rookies.

In Marshall's case, will he refrain from having off the field baggage ? In McNabb's case how much longer will he play at a high level and will he still play at a high level in the digit system (Philly runs a WCO and that is the only system he ever played in, in the NFL) ?

How well did Roy Williams work out for Jerry Jones ? Did Cutler help improve the Bears last year ? How good did going all in with his chips work out for Dan Snyder ? There is no guarantee that they get it done, the risk is still there and if it doesn't pay off you are stuck with bigger salaries to eat up compared to what the rookies would get.
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A

i just did... Once again we dont run a WCO what is all this stuff about McNabb. Marshall is a punk... He would get punched in the mouth by ol' P-Willy we dont need chumps!
  • Frisch
  • Info N/A
All I'm saying is we are wasting away on Brandon Jones and Alex Smith. Crabtree sat all of camp and missed games and still came in and showed that he is far superior to Brandon Jones. We all agree Alex Smith is not the answer. I understand the money concerns but let me ask you a question. Do you want to win now or "maybe" in 5 years? The Niners defense is good enough. Its all about the high powered offense these days. Alex Smith can't win games. Bring in talent now and win now.
  • Frisch
  • Info N/A
Also, the Niners should be ashamed of themselves. The Niners stadium is where the WCO was born. Everybody seems to be running it and winning so why switch. Marshall is worth the baggage.
  • Frisch
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Money picks 13 & 17 got :

Orakpo got a 5 year 15.4 million dollar deal.

Freeman got a 5 year 26 million dollar deal.

McNabb is currently on a 2 year 24.5 million dollar deal and Marshall will likely want to be paid close to the highest paid WR in the league so at least 10 million a year. Significant difference from what you are paying rookies.

In Marshall's case, will he refrain from having off the field baggage ? In McNabb's case how much longer will he play at a high level and will he still play at a high level in the digit system (Philly runs a WCO and that is the only system he ever played in, in the NFL) ?

How well did Roy Williams work out for Jerry Jones ? Did Cutler help improve the Bears last year ? How good did going all in with his chips work out for Dan Snyder ? There is no guarantee that they get it done, the risk is still there and if it doesn't pay off you are stuck with bigger salaries to eat up compared to what the rookies would get.

Dan Snyder is horrible. He overpayed a defensive lineman and Cutler would be a stud if he had any receivers, such as Marshall in Chicago.

what makes you think that mcnab would do anything more with the minimal time to pass niners qbs are aloted regardless of what star is there to recieve it. it would be nice if everyone could be the Yankees and assemble a flashy all star cast and win fast but we missed that train by letting high dollar FA's slip through our fingers(sharper,peppers). OL makes everybody better wheras overpriced Egoplayers are an unecesary distraction for a team that seems to be playing like a team . Keep dreaming though
McNabb is not coming to San Francisco.
geting the fathead fullsize posters would be your best bet at bringing them to sf
  • Frisch
  • Info N/A
As I mentioned previously the Niners should go after McNabb and from this mornings interview with Sal Pal there appears to be interest in getting him from the Niners front office. He also mentioned how good of a fit it would be for McNabb. This would give us the division and a nice run in the playoffs. I still think we should go after Marshall.

[ Edited by Frisch on Mar 25, 2010 at 10:06:19 ]
Interest for Haden:

Quote:
According to a league source with knowledge of the situation, Haden is also drawing serous interest from the San Francisco 49ers and the Jacksonville Jaguars. The 49ers and Jagaurs own the No. 13 and No. 10 overall picks, respectively.

Jaguars defensive coordinator Mel Tucker has talked at length with Haden and 49ers personnel had a meeting with Haden following the Gators’ Pro Day workout.
Share 49ersWebzone