There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Haden at 13 or 17 or Kyle Wilson at 17?

Joe Haden at 13 or 17 or Kyle Wilson at 17?

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Trying to find a guy I could compare Kyle Wilson to that is currently in the NFL or recently played in the NFL. He reminds me some of Darrell Revis as both have very smooth, fluid hips and can change directions without losing speed. Now, im not going to say he is the next Darrell Revis but he does remind me a little of him and like Revis, he has a swagger to him and a confidence but he is also a high character guy. I was also thinking maybe a little Asante Samuel and maybe a little Phillip Buchananon who I loved coming out (he was a good player with the Raiders his first two years, then was awful and was almost given away to Tampa Bay where he was good and now is a so-so corner in Detroit).

Anyone got any thoughts/comments on some NFL corners that Kyle Wilson reminds you of?

Wilson reminds me alot of nate clements, very physical and tackles very good. WIlson is very good at pressing.


I respect your opinion, but IMO Haden reminds me more of Nate Clements. Good ball skills, playmaker, very good vs the run, will make some big plays and give up some big plays. Wilson is not as good as Clements or Haden vs the run but he is good coming of the corner blitz.

I didnt think haden was as sound tackling wise as wilson. Wilson is also a decent punt returner like clements. I feel like haden has better ball skills and reads amd reacts better than wilson. I feel like wilson is a better tackler and the more agrresive corner. Overall wilson is a hair behind haden in my opinion. I dont mind either one if we picked one up.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,224
Earl Thomas at #17 or Morgan Burnett/Nate Allen/Chad Jones in the 2nd.

Better yet, lets get ballsy and trade up for Eric Berry!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Earl Thomas at #17 or Morgan Burnett/Nate Allen/Chad Jones in the 2nd.

Better yet, lets get ballsy and trade up for Eric Berry!!!!

Im down with thomas at #17. Lets add speed to our secondary and some ballhawking wont hurt.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Take haden at 13

Trade back at 17 for say 25 and get a 3rd

Take Wilson at 25

trade 2nd and one of the 3rds for say 28

take the best OT available

trade 3rd and 4th for a 2nd

take Javid best in the 2nd

this
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Perfect world- We trade down from 17 to 20-24 get Wilson an extra 3rd rd pick.

Why not take both? Our return game problems are solved and the secondary is set for ~5 years.
Originally posted by cupcheck:
Get a third first rounder and take wilson at #22!

Yes Yes Yes. What I would LOVE to do is trade next year's #1 and this year's #3 for that spot. We then have 4 picks in the Top 50.
Originally posted by 49erjoe:
Cj Spiller at 13----remember Marshall Faulk twice a year

I remember Faulk in college, Spiller is good but he's no Faulk.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Originally posted by 49erjoe:
Cj Spiller at 13----remember Marshall Faulk twice a year

I remember Faulk in college, Spiller is good but he's no Faulk.

spiller is ridiculously overrated
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
OT at 13, Iupati at 17
Then we get a fully-functioning Gore, Crabtree, V. Davis, Delanie Walker and A. Smith.
Seven improved positions with two picks.
Go fast CB/returner in the second round

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
OT at 13, Iupati at 17
Then we get a fully-functioning Gore, Crabtree, V. Davis, Delanie Walker and A. Smith.
Seven improved positions with two picks.
Go fast CB/returner in the second round



Mike Iupati will knock anyone on his ass... if you let him. But I did not like what I saw of Iupati at the all star games. I didn't like it at all. His feet get tangled, he reaches, he grabs, he holds. He plays too high and he loses the leverage battle. Iupati has a ways to go. I think he will be a very good run blocking guard in the NFL, but I think he is 2 years away.

The problems Iupati had were not at left guard--the position he would assume. Offensive linemen (like Joe Staley on Chronicle Live last night) will confirm that changing from one side to the other will interfere with footwork that causes the grabbing. I don't believe any commentator has said Iupati won't be ready from day one to play left guard.

Getting Iupati would also allow the Niners to trade David Baas. Adding Baas to a trade could move their #49 selection, for instance, to near the top of the 2nd round.
Originally posted by cupcheck:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
OT at 13, Iupati at 17
Then we get a fully-functioning Gore, Crabtree, V. Davis, Delanie Walker and A. Smith.
Seven improved positions with two picks.
Go fast CB/returner in the second round

Won't matter too much, will still face 8 in the box, and 5 + the TE. = only 6.That is a waist of VD. , Gore still has few lanes. That leaves A.Smith as the play maker on 3ed and long most of the time. Need speed on the edge to spread out the defense. Draft Spiller at #13, Wilson at#17, trade 2011 first round + to NE. for this yrs #22 and take Charles Brown.

Who sits while Spiller is on the field? Most probably Gore. Won't the defense simply adjust?
I don't see Haden falling to #17...he may not even fall to #13, given he made a decent recovery from his combine 40-times. If he's there at #13, I'm all for taking him, then best OT at #17. Another part of me would rather see us get best OT at #13 and Iupati at #17 to give Singletary's biggest off-season priority a huge boost. We can still get one of the top CB's in the 2nd rd...
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Trying to find a guy I could compare Kyle Wilson to that is currently in the NFL or recently played in the NFL. He reminds me some of Darrell Revis as both have very smooth, fluid hips and can change directions without losing speed. Now, im not going to say he is the next Darrell Revis but he does remind me a little of him and like Revis, he has a swagger to him and a confidence but he is also a high character guy. I was also thinking maybe a little Asante Samuel and maybe a little Phillip Buchananon who I loved coming out (he was a good player with the Raiders his first two years, then was awful and was almost given away to Tampa Bay where he was good and now is a so-so corner in Detroit).

Anyone got any thoughts/comments on some NFL corners that Kyle Wilson reminds you of?

Wilson reminds me alot of nate clements, very physical and tackles very good. WIlson is very good at pressing.


I respect your opinion, but IMO Haden reminds me more of Nate Clements. Good ball skills, playmaker, very good vs the run, will make some big plays and give up some big plays. Wilson is not as good as Clements or Haden vs the run but he is good coming of the corner blitz.

I didnt think haden was as sound tackling wise as wilson. Wilson is also a decent punt returner like clements. I feel like haden has better ball skills and reads amd reacts better than wilson. I feel like wilson is a better tackler and the more agrresive corner. Overall wilson is a hair behind haden in my opinion. I dont mind either one if we picked one up.



Ill agree with you that both Haden and Wilson have really good ball skills. Wilson plays the ball as well as any corner I have seen coming out and man he closes in a hurry. Bottom line, I think both Wilson and Haden will be very good NFL corners I just prefer Wilson because I just think he has "something" to him and a swagger, attitude, energy he would bring to a teams secondary. Plus he is a heck of a punt returner but I think he would only return punts for a year or two before he moves into the starting lineup as a cornerback.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Earl Thomas at #17 or Morgan Burnett/Nate Allen/Chad Jones in the 2nd.

Better yet, lets get ballsy and trade up for Eric Berry!!!!



LOVE Earl Thomas but I just don't see the 49ers taking him because I doubt they would want to move Goldson around again after he finished so strong in 09 at FS. Im a huge Earl Thomas fan though!
We have much bigger needs than another S...like CB, DL, OL, pass rusher. The biggest selling point I've heard about Thomas is he may transition to CB. Why not just draft one of the top CB's and be done with it...Singletary likes both Reggie Smith and Curtis Taylor, who should both see a lot more PT this coming season.