LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Joe Haden at 13 or 17 or Kyle Wilson at 17?

Joe Haden at 13 or 17 or Kyle Wilson at 17?

• Frisch
  • Info N/A
Why don't the 49ers offer the 13th pick to Denver for Brandon Marshall, offer the 17 pick to Philly for Donovan McNabb and then get an Offensive line guy in the 2nd round? It sounds like all the good Off. lineman will be taken by the 13 pick anyways. The defense is decent and adding these players would make them playoff contenders easily. Think about it, Donvan throwing to Davis, Marshall, and Crabtree and handing the ball off to Gore.
WTF
Either. Just Depends on how the OTs fall in the picks above us. If Williams, Davis, or Bulaga are available at 13, I think we go that direction. If not, then a really good defensive player will fall to us.
I'd say neither... I'm just not feeling that we need a CB that badly to go with a 1st rounder. It's a very deep CB draft class... let's save our early picks on positions where we can get some upgraded starters. No rookie on this class is gonna be immediately better than Clements, Spencer, and Brown...
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Frisch:
Why don't the 49ers offer the 13th pick to Denver for Brandon Marshall, offer the 17 pick to Philly for Donovan McNabb and then get an Offensive line guy in the 2nd round? It sounds like all the good Off. lineman will be taken by the 13 pick anyways. The defense is decent and adding these players would make them playoff contenders easily. Think about it, Donvan throwing to Davis, Marshall, and Crabtree and handing the ball off to Gore.

DO what? OK
We dont even run a WCO any more so scratch D. McNabb
We haVE Crabs, with Mogan lookin consitant and us payin B. Jones all that money we are not goin to bring in Marshall have to work a new contract for him and give a 1st up for him..
Trying to find a guy I could compare Kyle Wilson to that is currently in the NFL or recently played in the NFL. He reminds me some of Darrell Revis as both have very smooth, fluid hips and can change directions without losing speed. Now, im not going to say he is the next Darrell Revis but he does remind me a little of him and like Revis, he has a swagger to him and a confidence but he is also a high character guy. I was also thinking maybe a little Asante Samuel and maybe a little Phillip Buchananon who I loved coming out (he was a good player with the Raiders his first two years, then was awful and was almost given away to Tampa Bay where he was good and now is a so-so corner in Detroit).

Anyone got any thoughts/comments on some NFL corners that Kyle Wilson reminds you of?
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A

Why are u making all the Noobs look bad.
OT at 13, Iupati at 17
Then we get a fully-functioning Gore, Crabtree, V. Davis, Delanie Walker and A. Smith.
Seven improved positions with two picks.
Go fast CB/returner in the second round

Noob... You are now on double secret probation..
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Mar 21, 2010 at 7:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
OT at 13, Iupati at 17
Then we get a fully-functioning Gore, Crabtree, V. Davis, Delanie Walker and A. Smith.

Mike Iupati will knock anyone on his ass... if you let him. But I did not like what I saw of Iupati at the all star games. I didn't like it at all. His feet get tangled, he reaches, he grabs, he holds. He plays too high and he loses the leverage battle. Iupati has a ways to go. I think he will be a very good run blocking guard in the NFL, but I think he is 2 years away.

• cupcheck
  • Info N/A
OT at 13, Iupati at 17

Won't matter too much, will still face 8 in the box, and 5 + the TE. = only 6.That is a waist of VD. , Gore still has few lanes. That leaves A.Smith as the play maker on 3ed and long most of the time. Need speed on the edge to spread out the defense. Draft Spiller at #13, Wilson at#17, trade 2011 first round + to NE. for this yrs #22 and take Charles Brown.
Originally posted by cupcheck:
OT at 13, Iupati at 17

Won't matter too much, will still face 8 in the box, and 5 + the TE. = only 6.That is a waist of VD. , Gore still has few lanes. That leaves A.Smith as the play maker on 3ed and long most of the time. Need speed on the edge to spread out the defense. Draft Spiller at #13, Wilson at#17, trade 2011 first round + to NE. for this yrs #22 and take Charles Brown.

or we can get mccluster in the 3rd

Bulaga/williams+ iupathi+ mccluster>>> spiller+ Brown+ wilson

i agree if we get OT and iupathi our o line is not only young but dominant we wont have to worry about the position for at least 6-7 years and i think having an "unsexy" draft for one year is worth it.

i mean we wont have to worry about o line ever again and all the rest of our picks could be luxury picks and honestly people like spiller come out every year

desean jackson percy harvin and this year mccluster is very similar to him

we should not pass up the oppurtunaity to get a dominant o line
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Trying to find a guy I could compare Kyle Wilson to that is currently in the NFL or recently played in the NFL. He reminds me some of Darrell Revis as both have very smooth, fluid hips and can change directions without losing speed. Now, im not going to say he is the next Darrell Revis but he does remind me a little of him and like Revis, he has a swagger to him and a confidence but he is also a high character guy. I was also thinking maybe a little Asante Samuel and maybe a little Phillip Buchananon who I loved coming out (he was a good player with the Raiders his first two years, then was awful and was almost given away to Tampa Bay where he was good and now is a so-so corner in Detroit).

Anyone got any thoughts/comments on some NFL corners that Kyle Wilson reminds you of?

Wilson reminds me alot of nate clements, very physical and tackles very good. WIlson is very good at pressing.
Take haden at 13

Trade back at 17 for say 25 and get a 3rd

Take Wilson at 25

trade 2nd and one of the 3rds for say 28

take the best OT available

trade 3rd and 4th for a 2nd

take Javid best in the 2nd
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Wilson reminds me alot of nate clements, very physical and tackles very good. WIlson is very good at pressing.

I respect your opinion, but IMO Haden reminds me more of Nate Clements. Good ball skills, playmaker, very good vs the run, will make some big plays and give up some big plays. Wilson is not as good as Clements or Haden vs the run but he is good coming of the corner blitz.
Share 49ersWebzone