LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

What would a Singletary-run draft look like?

Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Spiller @ 13 then the best OT available @ 17

Really? Spiller? Singletary's #1 issue is OT, and will go OT if the value is there at 13. His #2 issue was the secondary getting burned.

YES Spiller. Niners lost two games in 2009 directly attributable to poor kick return game. When not fumbling the ball in our own half of the field we had poor field position most of the time due poor kick return game. If Spiller is available at #13 grab him because a lot of people believe he is the next Devin Hester. Can still get Trent Williams at #17.

niners lost all their games except the atlanta games because of their o line
there is virtually no frame of reference to base any prediction on who Singletary would draft so.......

....but I would hope lots of OL
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by strickac:
I think we'll certainly draft a RT in the 1st. Anthony Davis and Trent Williams seem like Singletary-guys to me.

Brandon Graham is another guy I think he'd love to have. He's a relentless pass rusher and has a great motor.

If we wait to draft a RB, I think Blount is definitely going to be on our radar. He'd be a nice pick in the 4th.

Singletary has shown he trusts his coaches on his staff to make decisions. OL coach Solari will probably have some say in who he thinks will best fit what he was hired to do. The back field needs speed, not another battering ram.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:

Classic!!!!!! Im sure if he could he would
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Spiller @ 13 then the best OT available @ 17

Really? Spiller? Singletary's #1 issue is OT, and will go OT if the value is there at 13. His #2 issue was the secondary getting burned.

Having somebody to return kicks and punts I think is his biggest issue besides the o line.
Originally posted by strickac:
I think we'll certainly draft a RT in the 1st. Anthony Davis and Trent Williams seem like Singletary-guys to me.

Brandon Graham is another guy I think he'd love to have. He's a relentless pass rusher and has a great motor.

If we wait to draft a RB, I think Blount is definitely going to be on our radar. He'd be a nice pick in the 4th.

Why would we want another thumper........and Blount is a f**king head case
I think you're on target...Haden would be a great pick. If he's not there, I can also see Coach Solari's influence on Singletary to convince him to go "whole hog" on OL and grab best OT and Iupati. Wow, that'd be an awesome start to rebuilding the OL.
Share 49ersWebzone