LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

All Eyes on Florida's Pro Day (3/17)

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
I think the Jags will take him in the 1st. If they don't, somebody will take him in the 2nd and they literally can't afford to let that happen.

I can see the Jags also taking the gamble on Dez Bryant. They need a legit #1 receiver. Ideal scenario IMHO for Jacksonville would be to trade down as they have no 2nd rounder and could also use more pass rush help besides Kampman.

I definitely could see the Jags trading back in the first, far enough (early 20's) to pick up a 2nd. They could then go Carlos Dunlop with their first and Tebow with their newly acquired 2nd.

IMO Tebow isn't worth a high 2nd, but he has unusual value to Jax.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by northshore:
Dam Haden!! Why did you have to run so fast... Now there is no way he falls to us. All you haters just put on his game tape, grab some popcorn and watch him shut down the best WR's the SEC has to offer, which are some of the best wr propsects in the nation.

The SEC has some of the worst WRs in the nation, the entire conference sucks at passing. Julio Jones gets a lot of hype, but he hasn't really shown me much, who else is any good in that conference? I've been saying from day 1 Haden is overrated because he hasn't had to cover anyone any good, and the QBs in the SEC aren't any good as far as pure passers go.

Julio Jones, AJ Green, Brandon Lafell, Shay Hodge and at times McCluster who were all good SEC WR's this year to say the least. Last year there was also Massaquoi, McKinley & Byrd in the SEC. That doesn't account for facing WR's like Gilyard, Iglesias & Broyles in Bowl games the last 2 years.

And Haden has had to go against the likes of Cooper, Murphy and Harvin the last 2 years in practices.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by stever:
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Ouestion for the draft gurus....if Haden goes top 10 does he go to team who otherwise would have drafted OT?

The top candidate are the browns who wouldn't have taken an OT.

I would say they take Berry....if he's gone Dez before Haden.

If Holmgren discovers there is truth to Bryant's character concerns he could pass on him.
Ouestion for the draft gurus....if Haden goes top 10 does he go to team who otherwise would have drafted OT?

If Holmgren discovers there is truth to Bryant's character concerns he could pass on him.

Very true but he's always been looked at as a top 10 pick and a monster at his position. Haden I don't trust for some reason, if he was at any other school I don't think he would be this highly praised.

Very true but he's always been looked at as a top 10 pick and a monster at his position. Haden I don't trust for some reason, if he was at any other school I don't think he would be this highly praised.

If he was at any other school he'd be playing QB.
Tebow started slow in the early going then picked up the pace. The consensus is, while he's showing a good amount of accuracy and is completing his passes, he has thus far shown poor arm strength and his passes do not come in the form of tight spirals.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/03/11/pro.days.draft.news.tracker/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0iSLDszEG
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If Haden is 100% - I expect him to run a 4.44 or better.

Quote:
Former Florida #Gators CB Joe Haden turned in a 4.44 40-yard dash per Andrea Adelson of the Orlando Sentinel.

Spot on.

Now some of the same people who didn't want Haden at 17 will want him at 13. I doubt he slips past Jags.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Tebow started slow in the early going then picked up the pace. The consensus is, while he's showing a good amount of accuracy and is completing his passes, he has thus far shown poor arm strength and his passes do not come in the form of tight spirals.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/03/11/pro.days.draft.news.tracker/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0iSLDszEG
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

Interesting. Two different opinions from two different reports. I need to see the footage myself.

Quote:
Former Florida #Gators CB Joe Haden turned in a 4.44 40-yard dash per Andrea Adelson of the Orlando Sentinel.

Spot on.

Now some of the same people who didn't want Haden at 17 will want him at 13. I doubt he slips past Jags.

Joe Haden looked good in position drills and displayed tremendous ball skills. His footwork was smooth and very fluid. Haden's 40 time may have been a bit slower than we first reported. A number of scouts have since told us their watches read 4.52 when Haden crossed the line, as opposed to the 4.45 we initially reported.

Quote:

Spot on.

Joe Haden looked good in position drills and displayed tremendous ball skills. His footwork was smooth and very fluid. Haden's 40 time may have been a bit slower than we first reported. A number of scouts have since told us their watches read 4.52 when Haden crossed the line, as opposed to the 4.45 we initially reported.

I also read they were taking off .05 due to the soggy conditions (in that same article).
[ Edited by foreign49er on Mar 17, 2010 at 10:54 AM ]

Lol Spikes ran an unofficial 5.01 forty
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I'm all for drafting Haden. It would be a steal for the Niners.

No it wouldn't!!

First of all, CB isn't even that great of a need: OT, OG, OLB, S are all greater needs. Would he start ahead of Clements? No. Would he start ahead of Spencer? No. We'd be spending a 1st round pick on a nickle back.

Secondly, he's not even that good.

I swear to God, if we spend our 1st pick on Haden, I'm going to punch an infant.

When the last bowl game was played it was a consensus that Haden was the best CB in this draft but you say he is not that good ?

Those who think that IMHO are just trying to find something to knock him so as to put together a case for not taking him. The kid is still the best corner in this class and if he could unseat Brown as the nickel in his rookie year that would mean we'd be rolling f'n deep at corner and like pass rushers, you can never have too many good corners.

Just because he's the best CB in the draft doesn't mean he's a can't-miss prospect. Kyle Wilson is better anyways.

Drafting Haden would be a f**king travesty.

If Haden is not that good but is the best corner in this class then that would make Kyle Wilson even farther from being that good.

Well that's where we disagree: I think Wilson is the best corner in the draft.

And I wouldn't take him at #13 either.

Haden far outplayed Wilson on film last year. Wilson is a great prospect but doesn't have the same potential as Haden does.

Do you have this film?

Watch the games he played in. I watched a lot of Florida this year as I do every year because they are always loaded with talent and can be quite exciting to watch. I also saw enough of Boise to know Wilson is a late 1st round prospect and very good, he is on par with McCourty whereas Haden is a cut above both.

I have a hard time leaving my couch on Saturday's.

There are also places on the web that you can download Florida games.

I also prefer Wilson over Haden because he can return punts and kicks, thus filling 2 needs at once.

Being that we don't have JUST 1 pick in the draft, we can always get a return man later (I.e. gillyard in the 2nd, ford in the 3rd, mccluster in the 3rd, Vann and holiday in the later rounds). If haden is there at 13 he WILL be the BPA and we can grab OL at 17. And LMAO at Wilson being better than Haden when Haden played against AND shut down SEC competition, the best competition in college for those of you who don't follow NCAA football. None of us are experts and we all have opinions but haden is hands down the top corner in this draft. NOBODY would even consider drafting Wilson in the top 10 like are for Haden and that is a FACT.
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
They*.....sorry, I left that out in the last statement
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Lol Spikes ran an unofficial 5.01 forty

lol slower than Trent Williams
I think how Haden is a lock to go top 15 and could go as high as 10 to Jacksonville. Brandon Spikes just fell into the 4th or 5th rd. Tebow as I have thought all along, will be a 2nd rd pick.
Share 49ersWebzone