Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

All Eyes on Florida's Pro Day (3/17)

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I'm all for drafting Haden. It would be a steal for the Niners.

No it wouldn't!!

First of all, CB isn't even that great of a need: OT, OG, OLB, S are all greater needs. Would he start ahead of Clements? No. Would he start ahead of Spencer? No. We'd be spending a 1st round pick on a nickle back.

Secondly, he's not even that good.

I swear to God, if we spend our 1st pick on Haden, I'm going to punch an infant.

When the last bowl game was played it was a consensus that Haden was the best CB in this draft but you say he is not that good ?

Those who think that IMHO are just trying to find something to knock him so as to put together a case for not taking him. The kid is still the best corner in this class and if he could unseat Brown as the nickel in his rookie year that would mean we'd be rolling f'n deep at corner and like pass rushers, you can never have too many good corners.

Just because he's the best CB in the draft doesn't mean he's a can't-miss prospect. Kyle Wilson is better anyways.

Drafting Haden would be a f**king travesty.

If Haden is not that good but is the best corner in this class then that would make Kyle Wilson even farther from being that good.

Well that's where we disagree: I think Wilson is the best corner in the draft.

And I wouldn't take him at #13 either.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Tebow is impressing scouts with his throws.

How are you watching it?

Just reading updates. Im sure ESPN or NFL Network will show footage later.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/live-blog-tebow-pro-day-at-florida-031710

How are you watching it?

I absolutely would take Haden at #13. My opinion hasnt changed because of the combine and the fact that he ran well today makes me even more certain that he is the right pick.

Haden-Williams would be the dream #1 for me. More likely.. Haden/Davis
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:50 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

who do you think takes him.

I think he goes in the 2nd round and I say jacksonville

I also doubt he gets selected in the 1st unless he absolutely explodes today and shows how comfortable he is running a pro style offense. The Bills and Jags both would have interest in the 2nd round for sure. But don't rule out the Patriots in the 2nd who have multiple picks in that round. Belichek and Urban Meyer are close friends and Im sure he would find a way to use Tebow.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

No it wouldn't!!

First of all, CB isn't even that great of a need: OT, OG, OLB, S are all greater needs. Would he start ahead of Clements? No. Would he start ahead of Spencer? No. We'd be spending a 1st round pick on a nickle back.

I swear to God, if we spend our 1st pick on Haden, I'm going to punch an infant.

When the last bowl game was played it was a consensus that Haden was the best CB in this draft but you say he is not that good ?

Those who think that IMHO are just trying to find something to knock him so as to put together a case for not taking him. The kid is still the best corner in this class and if he could unseat Brown as the nickel in his rookie year that would mean we'd be rolling f'n deep at corner and like pass rushers, you can never have too many good corners.

Just because he's the best CB in the draft doesn't mean he's a can't-miss prospect. Kyle Wilson is better anyways.

If Haden is not that good but is the best corner in this class then that would make Kyle Wilson even farther from being that good.

Haden far outplayed Wilson on film last year. Wilson is a great prospect but doesn't have the same potential as Haden does.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

I also doubt he gets selected in the 1st unless he absolutely explodes today and shows how comfortable he is running a pro style offense. The Bills and Jags both would have interest in the 2nd round for sure. But don't rule out the Patriots in the 2nd who have multiple picks in that round. Belichek and Urban Meyer are close friends and Im sure he would find a way to use Tebow.

The Jags are in a bind considering they have no 2nd rounder.

How are you watching it?

Just reading updates. Im sure ESPN or NFL Network will show footage later.

Thanks, appreciate it.

The Jags are in a bind considering they have no 2nd rounder.

oh s**t, i didnt know that.

Maybe the Browns...wait do they have a 2nd round pick
Tebow has been hitting all his receivers in stride so far.

Quote:
11:36 a.m. -- Tebow to Hernandez on deep seam route ... Great route by Aaron ... Mike Holmgren had a great seat for that throw.

11:35 a.m. -- Tebow hits Cooper on a 45 yard post ... Cooper never breaks stride. Then, right away, he hits Nelson on the same route but opposite side of the field ... in stride.

11:33 a.m. -- Crowd appears to be 3,000 now, and they are cheering every throw. Tebow is really hitting the long out routes. I have to think this is an impressive performance following up a great combine showing.

11:29 a.m. -- He has been on the money on every throw so far. He's hitting the receivers in stride. Tebow is clearly holding the ball higher. He hasn't changed his delivery so much but he's not looping down to his waist on his throws. Tom Coughlin is front and center to watch.

11:28 a.m. -- Tim has obviously done a lot of work on his backpedal, and he looks like a total different player dropping back. Very quick with his feet. Very impressive.

Holmgren drafting Tebow
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
11:43 a.m. -- Looks like Tebow is done. Crowd is chanting "First Round Draft Pick!"

11:40 a.m. -- There hasn't been a misfire yet. Scouts ask for more work, and boom! Another perfect bomb to Hernandez.

11:36 a.m. -- Tebow to Hernandez on deep seam route ... Great route by Aaron ... Mike Holmgren had a great seat for that throw.

11:35 a.m. -- Tebow hits Cooper on a 45 yard post ... Cooper never breaks stride. Then, right away, he hits Nelson on the same route but opposite side of the field ... in stride.

11:33 a.m. -- Crowd appears to be 3,000 now, and they are cheering every throw. Tebow is really hitting the long out routes. I have to think this is an impressive performance following up a great combine showing.

11:29 a.m. -- He has been on the money on every throw so far. He's hitting the receivers in stride. Tebow is clearly holding the ball higher. He hasn't changed his delivery so much but he's not looping down to his waist on his throws. Tom Coughlin is front and center to watch.

11:28 a.m. -- Tim has obviously done a lot of work on his backpedal, and he looks like a total different player dropping back. Very quick with his feet. Very impressive.

11:25 a.m. -- And so it begins. Tebow is already doing very well in his throws. I heard one scout say "Wow" when Tebow improvised a run after a fake pass rush and threw on a dime 30+ yards down the field.

No it wouldn't!!

Haden far outplayed Wilson on film last year. Wilson is a great prospect but doesn't have the same potential as Haden does.

Do you have this film?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Tebow has been hitting all his receivers in stride so far.

Quote:

Holmgren drafting Tebow

More like Holmgren doing his homework. He might but I am sure he wants to get a good look at all the QB's that are 1st to 3rd round prospects. With Haden and Hernandez being on display I am sure he wants a good look at them all.
I think the Jags will take him in the 1st. If they don't, somebody will take him in the 2nd and they literally can't afford to let that happen.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

No it wouldn't!!

Do you have this film?

Watch the games he played in. I watched a lot of Florida this year as I do every year because they are always loaded with talent and can be quite exciting to watch. I also saw enough of Boise to know Wilson is a late 1st round prospect and very good, he is on par with McCourty whereas Haden is a cut above both.

I have a hard time leaving my couch on Saturday's.

There are also places on the web that you can download Florida games.