There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Nick's 3/14 Top 17 Mock (SF Takes Haden and Earl Thomas)

• lynwood49ers
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GoreForMore:
Im on board those 2 guys will make us one of the best defenses in the league.... The ravens won a super bowl with a dominent d why cant we?

i want to know how you guys are so sure that this guys will be as good as all the analyst say.thomas played one year only and i feel that he could be a one year wonder...he played in a conference where teams threw 50 times a game what do u expect and plus all the qbs in that conference r weak except for colt and sam who was hurt all year.
Originally posted by GoreForMore:
Im on board those 2 guys will make us one of the best defenses in the league.... The ravens won a super bowl with a dominent d why cant we?

The Ravens won one Super Bowl with a corner vastly more talented than Haden (McAlister) with a pass rush enormously better than our current D's (and I think our pass rush is above average), with two DT's who were immovable objects.

When they got Reed, they had McAlister and Reed in the same defense, both of whom were FAR more talented than Haden and Earl Thomas, yet they never sniffed the Super Bowl with those two players.

We equal that Ravens D at middle linebacker only, and that's IT. And even if we added Haden and Thomas, and they were just as good as McAlister and Reed (which they are not), we still would be a LONG way from becoming that type of legendary Ravens defense which won one Super Bowl.
I would rather have Berry
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I love Thomas and anyone who would want Mays over him doesn't know football. Saying that, I doubt we take either. Safety seems to be a position that our FO thinks is for later rounds. There might be a new trigger man but the decision makers are much the same and I doubt they stray much from Scot's original board. I'm pretty sure we'll take a OT reach or no reach, and BPA, probably something stupid like McClain.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I love Thomas and anyone who would want Mays over him doesn't know football. Saying that, I doubt we take either. Safety seems to be a position that our FO thinks is for later rounds. There might be a new trigger man but the decision makers are much the same and I doubt they stray much from Scot's original board. I'm pretty sure we'll take a OT reach or no reach, and BPA, probably something stupid like McClain.

I don't think the 49ers will draft him even if he is BPA, I think they'd trade down first. They seem to have very high hopes for Smith and Taylor and may add a 2nd or 3rd round safety but I don't think they'll get one in the 1st either.[/b]