LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Nick's 3/14 Top 17 Mock (SF Takes Haden and Earl Thomas)

• willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
no to haden, i dont understand why everyone is on this guys nuts. we have clements or brown, we dont need to waste our first round picks on a cb

Now I feel better. Clements played so well last year that he was benched for Brown. Nobody remembers because he got hurt the same game. Brown's play was ok at best and Spencer is our best corner because he's always on the #2 reciever(suites him). That's our CB situation.
Im on board those 2 guys will make us one of the best defenses in the league.... The ravens won a super bowl with a dominent d why cant we?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Why the hell does everyone want Joe Haden?

CB is so far down our list of needs, and he's not even that good.

I don't think so
as much as i like both players, we really need to come out with a tackle in the 1st
Not a fan
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
as much as i like both players, we really need to come out with a tackle in the 1st

we can get one in the 2nd who can do the job for decades.
Nick, if you don't take a RT in the first round, when do you take a RT?
I wouldn't be mad at this at all.
Haden would be a solid addition, and Thomas and Goldson would make a real nice pair at safety.
Originally posted by mebemused:
Nick, if you don't take a RT in the first round, when do you take a RT?

The Second round, or trade up to the first to get one. I don't want to reach @ 13 or 17.

thank you a man who knows his football! Haden is very overrated because of jerk offs like Mel Kiper hyping him up. I've watched more gator football these last 2 yearts than Kiper has book it, and Haden is a good college cb, that doesnt mean he will transition into a good pro cb. motivation is lacking in his vault

I don't see him still on the board, I also don't see us passing on him if he is
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Haden is a stud who ran with a back injury @ the combine. If he falls to us he's a steal.

And CB is a huge need -- look at the mess we had a CB opposite Spencer last year. Haden will play nickel for a year and push clements for his job.

A first round backup?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Haden is a stud who ran with a back injury @ the combine. If he falls to us he's a steal.

And CB is a huge need -- look at the mess we had a CB opposite Spencer last year. Haden will play nickel for a year and push clements for his job.

A first round backup?

Rookies have to earn a job.

What mess? Nate Clements got hurt, and everyone else played fine. If we had a decent pass rush, our secondary would be outstanding.

You have Derrick Morgan falling to us, but you pass him up for Joe Haden. I'd take Morgan over Haden in a heartbeat.

Please rewatch the GB and 2nd Seattle game.

What mess? Nate Clements got hurt, and everyone else played fine. If we had a decent pass rush, our secondary would be outstanding.

You have Derrick Morgan falling to us, but you pass him up for Joe Haden. I'd take Morgan over Haden in a heartbeat.

Seattle, Green Bay, Atlanta, and Minnesota were all games lost on a big play/big plays given up by poor corner play. Clements isn't getting any younger and Spencer will never be a true #1 imo, neither will Brown imo. Haden has #1 corner potential and at #13 he's a steal.

WR wasn't a huge need either but if they can get a stud at an extremely valuable position I think they will do it as they did with Crabtree last year. I think they will definitely draft Haden if Clausen and Bradford both get drafted into the division. If not they'll go BPA which will most likely be Haden if he's there.
Share 49ersWebzone