LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

AB's Post Combine WZ Collaborative Mock Draft- Discussion Thread

I agree I thought a 4th was reasonable. I'm just saying browns got nothing for him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Niners are lookin' for a trade down. Will wait for few minutes before making my pick.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Really wanted to trade down, but with all the top OTs gone, Spiller makes the most sense.
Offering a trade with the 49ers (49ersmylife).

If he accepts, he will post it to this thread and PM AB for approval. I would like the board to give their opinion before accepting this trade.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Trade offer accepted by 49ers and Vikings - waiting for approval

49ers trade #13 and 5th round pick
Vikings trade #30, #62, and next years 1st.

To help with approval process: (by dynasty) Going from the points board, the 49ers have 1150 points (#13) and the Vikings have 620 points (#30). Their second rounder is only 284 points (#62). Their 1st rounder next year would be valued at half, so let's call it 310. If the 49ers throw in their 5th round pick, that is around 35 points.

Altogether that is:

49ers: 1,185
Vikings: 1,214
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
trade details sent to AB for approval. I'm gonna head out to the gym. Hopefully the trade goes through and we can get this thing rolling now since it's Monday.
I don't understand this trade at all on the Vikings standpoint. Why in the world are they giving up 2 1st's and a 2nd for the 13th pick and a 5th rounder? Maybe it adds up point wise but logically thinking it makes no sense.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I don't understand this trade at all on the Vikings standpoint. Why in the world are they giving up 2 1st's and a 2nd for the 13th pick and a 5th rounder? Maybe it adds up point wise but logically thinking it makes no sense.

This doesn't seem useful for the Niners either. At least not this year.

We'd lower a first round pick and gain only a third rounder this year. The Niners needs starters, and higher round picks usually are the source for starters. Another trade up above #49 while keeping #49 would have to be arranged to make the original trade attractive, IMO.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by lamontb:

This doesn't seem useful for the Niners either. At least not this year.

We'd lower a first round pick and gain only a third rounder this year. The Niners needs starters, and higher round picks usually are the source for starters. Another trade up above #49 while keeping #49 would have to be arranged to make the original trade attractive, IMO.

Very true

sidenote I think there is a 0 chance the Raiders select Campbell. it's just too much of a joke for them to do that.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

To help with approval process: (by dynasty) Going from the points board, the 49ers have 1150 points (#13) and the Vikings have 620 points (#30). Their second rounder is only 284 points (#62). Their 1st rounder next year would be valued at half, so let's call it 310. If the 49ers throw in their 5th round pick, that is around 35 points.

Altogether that is:

I would say that there is VERY little chance that the Vikes would ever make that trade.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Altogether that is:

I would say that there is VERY little chance that the Vikes would ever make that trade.

Same here.
Another trade perhaps (assuming no OT in R1, e.g., Spiller/Haden/Graham and Iupati):
Trade the Niners' 2010 2nd and 4th round selections and David Baas. This could move the Niners 2nd round pick to at least the top of R2. Select Saffold, Ducasse, or Charles Brown.
Trade approved.

I might not worry about approval's so this goes faster.
I actually wouldnt be surprised or opposed of this trade.

Minnesota would be targeting Clausen, and we get a extra 2nd and the 1st in 2011 is a plus.

You never know how much Vikes rate Clausen.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I actually wouldnt be surprised or opposed of this trade.

Minnesota would be targeting Clausen, and we get a extra 2nd and the 1st in 2011 is a plus.

You never know how much Vikes rate Clausen.

True, but the Vikes are on the verge of a Super Bowl, not in rebuilding mode and in need of a young QB to the point where they would give up their 1st rounder next year to move from the bottom of the first all the way to the middle.

Throw in the Favre factor (very likely to be coming back for one last run), and it just doesn't add up from a logic/reality standpoint.

That said, anything could happen.
Share 49ersWebzone