LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

AB's Post Combine WZ Collaborative Mock Draft- Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Was real close to taking Sapp for the Eagles but they just traded for Tapp so i went CB. Samuels is 29 and Brown is 31. Behind them they really have no depth at all.

Solid pick though. I think Sapp would be better suited for a 3-4 OLB due to his athleticism. Putting him at 4-3 DE or 4-3 OLB would limit his potential. Also, with Sheppard gone they don't really have much depth as they used to. Good job mayn!

that's one problem i had so many guys looking like hybrids it's hard to tell who can be a 4 down DE anymore in a traditional 4-3
Got another pick going 24+ hours. Anyone want to make it? I'd offer suggestions, but I pick next, so it seems like I should recuse myself.
ok any suggestions on the packers 2nd rd pick?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
ok any suggestions on the packers 2nd rd pick?

I'd say Veldeer, OT, or Perrish Cox, CB

Veldeer offers a need since GB gave up the highest amount of sacks. Perrish Cox offers youth in an aging secondary. Either one would be good.
Relegated to the second page, this thread is dead.
ok, any thoughts on NO's pick, any suggestions?
Well the Saints do not have alot of needs; but I think with the loss of Fujita to the Browns, they should select either;

Eric Norwood, OLB

Navarro Bowman, OLB
love the Gerhart pick, nice pick Crazy49er1313.
Yeah, I almost picked Gerhart for the Rams, but I felt he would have been a luxury pick for them.

Gerhart is going to make some team very happy they drafted him. Could he be Mike Alstott part 2?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
love the Gerhart pick, nice pick Crazy49er1313.

Thanks AB, I had such a hard time b/c I wanted to pick an OT, but no one stuck out to me as a 3rd round OT upgrade. Also, I really liked Dwyer in college, but after his workouts, I'm sad to say his triple option inflated stats looked remarkably similar to a QBs in Urban Meyer offenses.

Out of any team (though I wish the niners would), Detroit could use Gerhart the most.

Anybody else see the irony of Cleveland picking Tony Pike?

naw what i miss
Originally posted by lamontb:

naw what i miss

Picking another kid from Ohio to be their QB of the future

If it wasn't so funny I'd feel sorry for them...but I don't!
6 picks yesterday, good job guys! Let's finish strong!

Looking at how this draft is unfolding, there is still a lot of good talent available. What a great draft to have multiple 1st and 2nd day picks.

I think the 49ers need to find a way to get more 2nd and 3rd round picks.
Anyone up for splitting up what's left (and/or maybe round 4 if things work well), into divisions with the people who are left and actually participating so that unlike the Vet's mock draft, this actually finishes before the real draft?

I've already got Cincy and Baltimore, so I'd take the AFC North.
Share 49ersWebzone