• Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think the choices would be one of:

Kareem Jackson CB Bama
Dominique Franks CB Okl
Dexter McCluster RB/WR/KR Miss
Jerad Veldheer (although I think he is more of a 3rd rd guy myself)

I thought of Kareem Jackson - but had to go for an OT. Class is deep at CB and there will be some choices in late 2nd and 3rd round as well. I don't like Veldheer in 2nd round as well, and think Tony Washington has very high potential.

Uhh...he was the best RT left in the draft. Maybe Veldheer is rated higher than him by some ppl, but Tony Washinton was easily the next best. I prefer Tony over Jerad...

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

Kareem Jackson CB Bama
Dominique Franks CB Okl

would be a great pick at this point

I like Kareem Jackson, but there is another DB that I really like.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Kareem Jackson CB Bama
Dominique Franks CB Okl

I thought of Kareem Jackson - but had to go for an OT. Class is deep at CB and there will be some choices in late 2nd and 3rd round as well. I don't like Veldheer in 2nd round as well, and think Tony Washington has very high potential.

Uhh...he was the best RT left in the draft. Maybe Veldheer is rated higher than him by some ppl, but Tony Washinton was easily the next best. I prefer Tony over Jerad...

It's your board you can rank em how you want. But I believe most would agree that was a pick.

BTW where you do you Jason Fox on your board?

Kareem Jackson CB Bama
Dominique Franks CB Okl

I think Washington is a HUGE reach in round 2. I would not be happy if the Niners made this pick. JMHO.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Kareem Jackson CB Bama
Dominique Franks CB Okl

It's your board you can rank em how you want. But I believe most would agree that was a pick.

Jason Fox is strictly a LT. He is barely 300lbs and you can't expect him to play the right side. I think Staley is best suited at LT, so IMO - we should draft a RT in the draft who can play LT if Staley goes down.

Plus, Jason Fox has had some injury concerns recently. I wouldn't touch him in 2nd round if I needed a LT.
Yeah, I'm not in love with the Niner's pick either. There were better values at CB, RB, WR, even S. That same OT, or one of equal value could have been had in the next or later rounds.
Ot too excited about our frst 3 picks. Only liked the Hughes pick, but that's mostly just because of how th board fell. I think Kareem Jackson is the second best corner in he draft so I would have taken him in the second.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Kareem Jackson CB Bama
Dominique Franks CB Okl

Jason Fox is strictly a LT. He is barely 300lbs and you can't expect him to play the right side. I think Staley is best suited at LT, so IMO - we should draft a RT in the draft who can play LT if Staley goes down.

Plus, Jason Fox has had some injury concerns recently. I wouldn't touch him in 2nd round if I needed a LT.

You're still on the clock witht he Chiefs. nearly 17 hours later!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
s**t, didn't realize Chiefs had two picks in the 2nd round. Pick coming soon

Thomas has already been drafted, bro.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Thomas has already been drafted, bro.

Man, I'm so out of it. Had an accident two days ago...still feeling woozy I guess. lol

Pick coming soon
Wow, i think the patriots would be quite happy if the draft fell this way.

They got Brandon Graham to help their defense in round 1 and added 3 offensive playmakers in Best, Gronkowsky and Williams in round 2. Tom Brady would love it :)
Was real close to taking Sapp for the Eagles but they just traded for Tapp so i went CB. Samuels is 29 and Brown is 31. Behind them they really have no depth at all.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Was real close to taking Sapp for the Eagles but they just traded for Tapp so i went CB. Samuels is 29 and Brown is 31. Behind them they really have no depth at all.

Solid pick though. I think Sapp would be better suited for a 3-4 OLB due to his athleticism. Putting him at 4-3 DE or 4-3 OLB would limit his potential. Also, with Sheppard gone they don't really have much depth as they used to. Good job mayn!
Originally posted by stever:
Wow, i think the patriots would be quite happy if the draft fell this way.

They got Brandon Graham to help their defense in round 1 and added 3 offensive playmakers in Best, Gronkowsky and Williams in round 2. Tom Brady would love it :)

Yea, not to happy about losing out on the Gronkowski pick. Arizona would've loved to have a safety valve for Leinart like he had at USC in Fred Davis.
Share 49ersWebzone