There are 230 users in the forums

CB: Kyle Wilson (Boise State)

I just want to share my opinion on hopefully drafting this player. Mike Mayock is huge on this guy and I believe would be a nice addition to our defensive backfield. I have not heard alot of people talk about Kyle Wilson but would like to hear your thoughts?

He strolled up to Mobile in that RV. I guess he designed it himself too. He has a lot of confidence, and I think he will do well in the NFL. I see him going in the late first to early second. He also has some return ability which adds some value. The biggest knock on him is his size

I've wanted him on the 49ers for a long time now. Was hoping we'd be able to get him in the 2nd but his stock has been on the rise lately. If it wasn't for other needs i would be ecstatic to have him at #17. Still though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him boost his stock into the top 15 after his pro-day at the end of the month.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

I've wanted him on the 49ers for a long time now. Was hoping we'd be able to get him in the 2nd but his stock has been on the rise lately. If it wasn't for other needs i would be ecstatic to have him at #17. Still though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him boost his stock into the top 15 after his pro-day at the end of the month.

I agree with the 17th pick should be a nice added value if we would select him. An OT with the 13th of course but regardless we will be taking the BPA in my opinion in those positions or picks.
Did he even work out at the combine? I'm not sold he'll be BPA at 17.
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 11, 2010 at 5:52 PM ]
I would be really happy if we picked up Wilson in the late first.

C'mo Scot, trade back up into the first, we know you want to
Wouldn't be mad if we drafted him.
would be nice to land Williams, trade back for Wilson then land Best at the top of the 2nd with a trade up.
I think there are teams like the Texans(20), Patriots(22), Ravens(25) that need some CB's that could take him in the first round if available. If he is truly a guy we covet i believe we have to take him at 17 or we probably wont have a chance to draft him at all. If we take him at 17 along with the best OT available at 13 we've made the first step on improving our O-line and also get secondary help along with someone that's a very talented return man.

We have so many option at 13 and 17 that it's hard to see us come out not feeling good about what we've acquired. Unless we totally avoid O-line in the first two rounds, I'm going to probably be happy with whatever 1st round scenario plays out.

Originally posted by PTulini:

Not sure about you guys but that sack at 00:38 of the 2nd video reminds me of Shawntae's sack on Kitna. He definitely looks good. Dunta Robinson-like before the injury.
HE HAS DREADS

get him!
no.we need two starters in the 1st
This kid is a player. He also has a swagger to him. Im not sure he is a real #1 corner type but I do think he will make a heck of a #2 corner and he can return punts as well.
i think its either Spiller at #13 or Wilson at #17
Share 49ersWebzone