LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

NFL Draft Prospect Tony Washington Had Sex With His Biological Sister

Quote:
An offensive tackle from a small Division II Christian school, Tony Washington went to Indianapolis virtually unknown. After top performances at the NFL Combine, the Abilene Christian standout has seen his draft stock climb as high as the second round. But he bears the burden of a troubled past – one that’s causing some NFL teams to think twice.

Washington is a registered sex offender.

Until now, he has not publicly addressed the specifics of his situation, but in a statement provided exclusively to SportsFanLive.com, he confirmed what is likely to haunt him for the rest of his life.

“I made a mistake at the age of 16, and for that, I am deeply sorry,” Washington said. “I will not try and excuse or justify anything. I have worked extremely hard to do everything right so that I might have an opportunity to give back. I only hope that someone in the NFL will give me the same opportunity that Abilene Christian and Trinity Valley gave me.”

In May 2003, Washington was convicted of having sex with a relative that multiple NFL and college sources say was his 15-year old biological sister. The act was consensual, according to his college coaches and two NFL scouts, who spoke to him about the incident. The sister does not wish to speak publicly on the case, according to Washington’s agent, who added that the siblings are now on good terms and talk often. Washington received five years probation and did not serve jail time.

Due to the nature of the crime and Washington’s status as a juvenile, records specifically related to the crime itself could not be obtained in requests made to both the Texas Department of Public

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/sflreports/
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Mar 10, 2010 at 12:49 PM ]
  • gage
  • Veteran
he didnt even discharge
Dam that's crazy. Kinda hard to sell him to the fans, but if he did his time than I think a team will still go after him. I'm sure every single thing in his life sense that point has been triple checked by teams. Some guys to repent and get there lives together.
eewww
Hang his ass!
  • flow
  • Veteran

I want to vomit

Not sure I see the relevance of this to his football career.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Is she hot?
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

You don't see the relevance of severe, abnormal off the field behavior to a football career? See Ben Roethlisberger, Rae Carruth, Lawrence Philips for details.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Is she hot?
Originally posted by Nuns:

You don't see the relevance of severe, abnormal off the field behavior to a football career? See Ben Roethlisberger, Rae Carruth, Lawrence Philips for details.

Irrelevant! None of them banged Washington's sister.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Nuns:

Irrelevant! None of them banged Washington's sister.

That made me laugh:)
Share 49ersWebzone