LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

#13 Sam Bradford

Bradford is gonna be a Ram
Heck yes! but it won't happen IMO he is going to be a great qb in the NFL.
NO!
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Trade back and get a couple more 2nds. I really think Nate is the QB of the future and there's still a lot of talent to be had in the late first-early/mid second.

Think? Or Hope?

Think. QB coach specifically requests him, he'll have had two years to sit before he has to start, he's got all the tools and the big body to play QB. The only question is if he can get the offense, I don't have any worries about that given the fact that Johnson specifically asked for this kid and Johnson is the heir apparent to the OC job.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I'm still a Tim Tebow Fan! 2nd rd.
Originally posted by titan:

• Jcool
  • Veteran

If we sign Carr it means we will not be drafting a QB this year. #1 Smith 2. Carr 3. Davis. I do think its a waste to sign a QB like Carr he brings nothing to this team
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

If we sign Carr it means we will not be drafting a QB this year. #1 Smith 2. Carr 3. Davis. I do think its a waste to sign a QB like Carr he brings nothing to this team

I am no expert, but I just have certain favorite players coming out of college and I even sometimes make my make believe but realistic draft with my fav players to to annoy people. If I was to mke a draft this year Tim Tebow, Jonathan Luigs,CJ Spiller
1 Trent Williams OT
1 C.J Spiller RB
2 Kyle Wilson CB
3 Tim Tebow QB
4 Chad Jones S
5 Mitch PetrusG/C
6 I don't care
7 I don't care
[ Edited by titan on Mar 8, 2010 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
If this guy ends up falling in this years draft and is available when we pick 13th.
Would you consider Bradford the pick?

Sounds like Bradford tore it up today!

Sam Bradford workout

Quote:
It really was a treat to watch, and I think everyone here was in awe of Bradford’s performance. In fact, he put on the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
If this guy ends up falling in this years draft and is available when we pick 13th.
Would you consider Bradford the pick?

Sounds like Bradford tore it up today!

Sam Bradford workout

Quote:
It really was a treat to watch, and I think everyone here was in awe of Bradford’s performance. In fact, he put on the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.

Quote:
One personnel source on hand said Smith had a "paramount" workout. Smith looked so good, he likely vaulted to the top of the 2005 draft's quarterback class a day before California's Aaron Rodgers responds with his personal pro day.

What teams knew about Smith heading into his pro day was that he was smart (he scored a 40 out of 50 on the Wonderlic test), could handle a complex offense and had adequate athleticism. What they didn't know was whether he could be accurate and show top-notch velocity on his passes.

One of the chief concerns about Smith – like Jacksonville's Byron Leftwich two years ago – was that he operated a great deal out of the shotgun in college. In response, Smith demonstrated on Wednesday that he could drop from under center and still maintain good throwing mechanics. He also went through various drills to show he could throw down field with accuracy but also hit a running back in the flat.

"It was all fluid," the personnel source said. "He didn't have many problems doing things – the out [pattern], getting [the ball] deep and whatever – he looked natural. … He looked prepared. Those guys, the quarterbacks, get nervous sometimes in that situation and then they are all over the place with the ball. He didn't look that way at all.

"There was some cheering at the end. I think he got a lot of pats on the back with people walking out feeling satisfied."

Smith's performance is only the latest in what has become consistent – and predictable – leapfrogging since the NFL's February combine in Indianapolis last month.

Pro day report: Alex Smith

Quote:

1. Alex Smith, Utah (6-4 1/8, 217)
When you spend time with him, as I did one evening, he reminds me of Peyton Manning. I'm not saying he will be as good as Manning, but Smith has the same understanding of the game. He worked out indoors and the arm strength was good. Mostly a shotgun quarterback at Utah but looked comfortable under center. He will be a very good NFL player and is only turning 21 two weeks after the draft.

Gil Brandt's NFL Draft Analysis By Position: Quarterbacks

[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 29, 2010 at 14:31:41 ]

Share 49ersWebzone