There are 232 users in the forums

Kalens Mock Offseason 2.0 (with trade)

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Draft - Picks 1-13
St. Louis - Sam Bradford QB - They aren't gonna pay a DT 12 million/year when the top 5 DT's average 7 million/year. Bulger is done and they need a new face of the franchise.
Detroit - Ndamukong Suh DT - They consider Okung but Suh is too good to pass up. When Lions HC Jim Schwartz was the DC in Tennessee he had Haynesworth, he gets his newer younger version in Suh.
Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy DT - They need help everywhere and McCoy is the number 1 rated guy at this point.
Washington - Russell Okung OT - Their long time LT Chris Samuels is announcing his retirement and their O-Line was trash anyways. They have to take Okung here.
Kansas City - Eric Berry S - They now have Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson and Eric Berry, this defense could be scary in a year or two.
Seattle - Anthony Davis OT - Seattle thinks Hasslebeck has a few years left in him and they get their new franchise LT to replace Walter Jones.
Cleveland - Dez Bryant WR - Only had 1 WR with over 200 yards last year, no that is not a typo, they need to give Brady Quinn some weapons. I don't think Quinn is all that good but he has NOTHING there.
Oakland - Bruce Campbell OT - They need an OT so of course they go for the most athletic instead of the most talented.
Buffalo - Jimmy Clausen QB - New coaching staff, new face of the franchise in Clausen. Maybe gives Buffalo some hope for the future?
Jacksonville - Jason Pierre-Paul DE - Their pass rush was a joke.
Denver - Rolando McClain LB - New leader for the defense.
Miami - Joe Haden CB - BPA here. Keep Haden in the state of Florida.
San Francisco - Trent Williams/Brian Bulaga OT - Whichever one we think is better. We all know how badly we need a RT.

Pick #17 traded to Denver for WR Brandon Marshall. Just look at this video and tell me he wouldn't look awesome opposite of Crabtree. The first play is

Round 2 - Dexter McCluster RB/KR/PR - Guy can be lethal with the ball in his hands. Effective pass catching RB and is more than capable of returning punts and kicks.

Round 3 - Mitch Petrus OG - Can challenge Baas for the starting LG spot.

Round 4 - Jerome Murphy CB - Would be the #4 or #5 CB now, but in a year or two should at least be a #3 CB.

Rounds 5-7 - Im thinking a pass rusher, a DL and possibly QB. Basically BPA will be a good way to go.

Starting Offense
QB - Alex Smith
RB - Frank Gore
FB - Moran Norris
WR - Michael Crabtree and Brandon Marshall
TE - Vernon Davis
OT - Joe Staley and Trent Williams
OG - Baas/Petrus and Rachal
C - Heitmann

KR/PR/RB - Dexter McCluster

[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Mar 4, 2010 at 06:53:25 ]
Brandon Marshall is not the kind of trouble maker Scot M. would sign. And we aren't going to get Sproles and Marshall in the same offseason. That's dreaming.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 4, 2010 at 06:13:08 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Brandon Marshall is not the kind of trouble maker Scot M. would sign. And we aren't going to get Sproles and Marshall in the same offseason. That's dreaming.

I wouldn't call it dreaming. Back in 2007 we dished out $110 million to Clements and Lewis. Your point about McCloughan maybe not wanting Marshall is valid, but hey its my mock offseason and I think we would be nuts not to explore the idea of adding a top 5 WR to this team.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I wouldn't call it dreaming. Back in 2007 we dished out $110 million to Clements and Lewis. Your point about McCloughan maybe not wanting Marshall is valid, but hey its my mock offseason and I think we would be nuts not to explore the idea of adding a top 5 WR to this team.

For better or worse Scot M. has been "Nolanized." Just because Nolan is no longer here doesn't mean anything. Scot M. still wants "Nolan Guys" just the same. He doesn't want trouble makers.

Is Marshall a talent? Sure. Will he ever play here? NO!
I seriously doubt this mock would ever happen. they aren't gonna break the bank for Marshall and Sproles. I think they show interest in Sproles but not in Marshall. I wouldn't even want that clown on the team. Just too much of a head ache when he doesn't get his way. Not only is he a locker room detraction he's also in legal trouble a lot. Long term I just don't see them splurging in free agency, breaking off the 13th pick with decent money, then having to sign Willis, and Davis to monster contracts. Not to mention owners are gonna be pinching pennies with a looming work stoppage on the way. Plus Goldson and Lawson would be on there way out. I like Trent Williams pick

[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 4, 2010 at 07:19:12 ]
hell no. i don't want this dumbarse's stupidity get one of top notch players shot . PASS.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Took out Sproles added McCluster in the draft. Make it more realistic.

Keeping Sproles would be more realistic imo. None of this changes Marshall's jackass/criminal activities. We all know the guy is a beast, just too much of a risk.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

Keeping Sproles would be more realistic imo. None of this changes Marshall's jackass/criminal activities. We all know the guy is a beast, just too much of a risk.

I took out Sproles for financial reasons. Your point about having to extend Willis and Vernon is a good one and I think Gore is gonna be due a new contract in 2 years.

Just thought the Marshall trade would mix it up compared to the usual Spiller + OT mocks.
Share 49ersWebzone