Jim Drukenmiller 1997
Israel Ifeanyi 1996
JJ Stokes 1995
Dana Hall 1992
Dexter Carter 1990
Keith Delong 1989
Daniel Stubbs 1988
Todd Shell 1984

Yes.. so many great Niner drat moments. OK.. so my final choice for the pick that still gets me SOOOO excited......... Jim I'm a Fricking Drunkenmiller

lol
Originally posted by valrod33:
Crabtree

by faaaaaaaar
Originally posted by valrod33:
Crabtree

I never thought he would ever fall for us, I was so juiced the whole f**king day

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Mar 3, 2010 at 12:52:53 ]
i only really got into the draft when we got bad, before that i was younger and just watched the games. i was really happy when we drafted Alex Smith, Vernon Davis, Crabtree and Nate Davis from what i can remember those were the guys i was really familiar with and wanted to get.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JD81:
Last year....Crabtree....I haven't been that happy as a 49er fan since the 2002 Wildcard....

Yup...The Crabtree chants were off the hook.
I still remember the day we drafted Crabtree. I had work that weekend but i told my boss (raider fan) i had a date, then went home just to watch the draft LOL. And when our pick was up and we took crabtree, i was juiced!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Probably Willis. Knew he was gonna be the next Ray Lewis and leader of the defense for the next 10-15 years.

After i saw this video

I wanted Willis to be a 49er more than any player in the draft I have ever known in the draft.

Also stoked for Vernon and Crabtree
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Probably Willis. Knew he was gonna be the next Ray Lewis and leader of the defense for the next 10-15 years.

After i saw this video

I wanted Willis to be a 49er more than any player in the draft I have ever known in the draft.

funny thing is i didnt even know about willis, i didnt watch NCAA at all that year. all the mock drafts were all over the place with cariker and other guys and we end up with willis i was like cool, he seems sick after i saw him body slam that LSU RB hahahaha
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

After i saw this video

funny thing is i didnt even know about willis, i didnt watch NCAA at all that year. all the mock drafts were all over the place with cariker and other guys and we end up with willis i was like cool, he seems sick after i saw him body slam that LSU RB hahahaha

All i know about that draft is i did not want Carriker
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
So many great Niner draft moments. I would guess it would be a toss up between:

Kentwan Balmer 2008
Alex Smith 2005
Rashaun Woods 2004
Kwame Harris 2003
Mike Rumph 2002
Gio Carmazzi 2000
Reggie McGrew 1999
RW McQuarters 1998
Jim Drukenmiller 1997
Israel Ifeanyi 1996
JJ Stokes 1995
Dana Hall 1992
Dexter Carter 1990
Keith Delong 1989
Daniel Stubbs 1988
Todd Shell 1984

Yes.. so many great Niner drat moments. OK.. so my final choice for the pick that still gets me SOOOO excited......... Jim I'm a Fricking Drunkenmiller

I will say the jury is still out on Balmer (he's got to come through this year though) and Alex Smith. You had a couple on your list that I wouldn't call "busts" in Stokes, Stubbs, Rumph and McQuarters. At least they did contribute for a year or two, and McQuarters actually had a decent career. We certainly didn't hit on some high profile linebackers though.

If you consider all those busts, than you probably also want to add Ted Washington and of course Jeff Bregel.

Point is that the draft is a crap shoot. I'm not sure I would ever trust a WR from
Oklahoma State again.

I think that if you went through alot of teams drafts over the same time period you'd see a lot of misses. Some of those earlier drafts were Bill Walsh and Seifert
drafts that we didn't hit on.

However, I think the combines and Pro Days would help diminish the misses but you are never certain.

Crabtree easily, especially when he pumped his fist for the niner fans in the crowd.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Crabtree easily, especially when he pumped his fist for the niner fans in the crowd.

championship

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Mar 3, 2010 at 13:47:31 ]
Believe it or not I was excited about Amp Lee in 1992. I really though he was going to be a steal.
Share 49ersWebzone