LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

Walter Football Post Combine Draft (03-03-10)

Walter Football has the Niners taking Spiller at #13 and Anthony Davis at #17

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

#13 C.J Spiller - RB - Clemson

Running back is obviously not a big need for the 49ers, but they really could benefit from an enormous home-run threat like C.J. Spiller (or Darren Sproles via free agency).

Spiller is the most dynamic offensive talent in this class, capable of going the distance at any moment. Having him on the roster could really open things up for San Francisco's offense. As an added bonus, he would also assist a pedestrian return game.

I don't think the 49ers would want to risk taking Spiller at No. 17 because the rival Seahawks would definitely consider him with the next pick.

Other 2010 NFL Draft Possibilities:

1. Joe Haden, CB - There's a good chance Joe Haden will slip out of the top 10 in the wake of his Combine performance. San Francisco is a potential destination for Haden, but corner is not one of the 49ers' big needs. Still, if they feel like Haden is the top player available, they may take him.

2. Rolando McClain, ILB - I don't think Rolando McClain will be available, but if he is, he might be too good to pass up. Takeo Spikes is entering his contract year, so the 49ers will need someone next to Patrick Willis in 2011 and beyond. Can you imagine Willis and McClain playing next to each other?

#17 Anthony Davis - OT (Rutgers)

The 49ers have a huge hole at right tackle. Tony Pashos was out for the year, while Adam Snyder allowed 9.5 sacks. Finding an upgrade here is San Francisco's greatest priority.

1. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB - Ahmad Brooks really came on at the end of the season, but the 49ers still need a dynamic pass-rusher who can generate double-digit sacks.

2. Mike Iupati, G - Mike Iupati struggles in pass protection, but he's a big mauler and satisfies a big need San Francisco has at guard.

Pick change; previously Trent Williams, OT

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Mar 3, 2010 at 07:06:58 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I would cream my pants if it went down like that.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Walter Football has the Niners taking Spiller at #13 and Anthony Davis at #17

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

#13 C.J Spiller - RB - Clemson

Running back is obviously not a big need for the 49ers, but they really could benefit from an enormous home-run threat like C.J. Spiller (or Darren Sproles via free agency).

Spiller is the most dynamic offensive talent in this class, capable of going the distance at any moment. Having him on the roster could really open things up for San Francisco's offense. As an added bonus, he would also assist a pedestrian return game.

I don't think the 49ers would want to risk taking Spiller at No. 17 because the rival Seahawks would definitely consider him with the next pick.

1. Joe Haden, CB - There's a good chance Joe Haden will slip out of the top 10 in the wake of his Combine performance. San Francisco is a potential destination for Haden, but corner is not one of the 49ers' big needs. Still, if they feel like Haden is the top player available, they may take him.

2. Rolando McClain, ILB - I don't think Rolando McClain will be available, but if he is, he might be too good to pass up. Takeo Spikes is entering his contract year, so the 49ers will need someone next to Patrick Willis in 2011 and beyond. Can you imagine Willis and McClain playing next to each other?

#17 Anthony Davis - OT (Rutgers)

The 49ers have a huge hole at right tackle. Tony Pashos was out for the year, while Adam Snyder allowed 9.5 sacks. Finding an upgrade here is San Francisco's greatest priority.

1. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB - Ahmad Brooks really came on at the end of the season, but the 49ers still need a dynamic pass-rusher who can generate double-digit sacks.

2. Mike Iupati, G - Mike Iupati struggles in pass protection, but he's a big mauler and satisfies a big need San Francisco has at guard.

Pick change; previously Trent Williams, OT

This is what I want!!
Quote:
Round 2
San Francisco 49ers: Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois
Another offensive line upgrade for the 49ers; left guard David Baas has battled consistency and injury issues throughout his career.

Round 3
San Francisco 49ers: Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
Dre Bly probably won't be back. Someone will need to push Tarell Brown and aging veteran Nate Clements. Corner depth will have to be addressed.

Pick change; previously Dominique Franks, CB

Round 4
San Francisco 49ers: Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State
Michael Lewis struggles in coverage and suffered three concussions last season. Mike Singletary said he wants winners, and Myron Rolle definitely fits that description.

Pick change; previously Andre Roberts, WR

Spikes goes 59 to the cowboys, I doubt we pass him up if available at 49
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Quote:
Round 2
Another offensive line upgrade for the 49ers; left guard David Baas has battled consistency and injury issues throughout his career.

Round 3
Dre Bly probably won't be back. Someone will need to push Tarell Brown and aging veteran Nate Clements. Corner depth will have to be addressed.

Round 4
Michael Lewis struggles in coverage and suffered three concussions last season. Mike Singletary said he wants winners, and Myron Rolle definitely fits that description.

Agree
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Easily the most entertaining mocks around.
Quote:
Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

I was thinking the same thing...Big boy could be that premium "THUMPER" like Lofton or Maluaga Singletary wanted. I wouldn't be mad, but he's not my top choice in the second. Still, he was considered a first rounder at one time.
F*ck me, that's a dream come true draft. All of our picks are perfect.
I like this draft. I would make a couple of changes however:

1) CJ Spiller
1b) Anthony Davis
2) Nate Allen (instead of Asamoah)
3) Brandon Ghee
4) Eric Norwood (instead of Rolle)

If we got these 5 players in the first 4 rounds I would give the Niners an A to matter what happened after that. In round 5 I would go for an OG.

I think this would instantly upgrade the team in special teams, 3rd downs, the secondary, and most importantly the offensive line.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I would cream my pants if it went down like that.

I don't like either pick.
Spiller
Davis
Asamoah
Reshard Jones
Eric Norwood

Norwood's draft stock is all over the place from the second to the 4th.

His reasoning on the smith rodgers is faulty. There were huge questions about Rodgers arm strength and when did Cal start running a pro style offense??
Quote:
Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

In round 4 I'd prefer to get Andre Roberts. He's quick, runs well after the catch, and has added value as a punt returner. I really hope he ends up a 49er after the draft.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I like this draft. I would make a couple of changes however:

1) CJ Spiller
1b) Anthony Davis
2) Nate Allen (instead of Asamoah)
3) Brandon Ghee
4) Eric Norwood (instead of Rolle)

If we got these 5 players in the first 4 rounds I would give the Niners an A to matter what happened after that. In round 5 I would go for an OG.

I think this would instantly upgrade the team in special teams, 3rd downs, the secondary, and most importantly the offensive line.

If Pashos comes back, the priority becomes OG. Replace 1b with Iupati.
f**k 50 days why can't the draft be in the beginning of april
Share 49ersWebzone