There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Officially Official Draft Rumors Thread

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Eagles looking to trade way up in the first round

Reportedly, per NFL Network, the Eagles may move up as high as fifth. Players they're targeting are Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Derrick Morgan, and Jason Pierre-Paul.

3/4ths of those players will be there at 13.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/eagles-looking-to-move-way-up/

I currently have the Eagles selecting Pierre-Paul at 24 on my board. I think his poor interviews will push him down to the second half of the draft. Morgan and Graham are superior pass-rushers. I see Atlanta targeting Morgan, if available.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 22, 2010 at 10:23 AM ]
Kowalski also writes that whether the Lions would trade for a running back could depend on Cal's Jahvid Best is available with their second-round pick. If he is, the Lions would likely take him. If he's not, the Lions might be willing to pull the trigger on a trade for McFadden.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/if-raiders-are-shopping-darren-mcfadden-lions-are-interested/
Best is waaaay overrated on this board.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Everybody is overrated on this board. lol
Originally posted by susweel:

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:

discuss?
They need a CJ Spiller to compliment a LeSean McCoy
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Are they thinking that we are gonna take Earl Thomas??

Quote:
Updating a previous item, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports the Eagles are talking to the Dolphins about trading up to No. 12 overall.
Sal Pal has strong ties to the Eagles organization, and he's stationed in Philadelphia on Thursday. His report, consistent with others coming out of Eagles camp, suggests the team is targeting Texas S Earl Thomas. Mike Mayock's favorite safety is too highly valued to drop to Philly at No. 24 overall.
Source: ESPN.com
Related: Dolphins, Eagles
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Are they thinking that we are gonna take Earl Thomas??

Well if they are trading with Miami, they are targeting someone they think the 49ers will draft.

Eric Thomas is my guess.

Now, if the 49ers would just call the Eagles and tell them that they can have Thomas at #13, we would still get a good OL prospect plus someone like Devin McCourty or Kyle Wilson with their pick.
If this goes down, Eagles will draft Earl Thomas, Miami will likely go OLB (Kindle or Hughes) or WR (Bryant or Demaryius Thomas). There's an outside chance they go NT with Mt. Cody, but not likely.
The Dolphins are intently looking at trading down from the No. 12 overall pick in the draft, and they also are shopping starting guard Justin Smiley, according to a league source.--NFL.com Blog

Hmmmm...they don't like Smiley now?
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If this goes down, Eagles will draft Earl Thomas, Miami will likely go OLB (Kindle or Hughes) or WR (Bryant or Demaryius Thomas). There's an outside chance they go NT with Mt. Cody, but not likely.

yep. i see them drafting Thomas. they're desperate for S help ever since they let Dawkins walk.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

yep. i see them drafting Thomas. they're desperate for S help ever since they let Dawkins walk.

f**k the Beagles.