LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

The Officially Official Draft Rumors Thread

Originally posted by bigwads:
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when Okung goes to the Lions at #2.

I have the same feeling (then watch every ones mock go down the toilet)
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
• One guy to keep an eye on as a possible first-round pick that no one is talking about is Virginia cornerback Chris Cook. Cook possesses an elite combination of size and speed for the position and is said to be getting a lot of interest from teams in the back end of round one.
link

He is definitely moving up but first round seems a bit high.

I have been on this guy for the last week or so. He's 6'2" as CB who could contribute in ST while learning the D. He will be my pick in the second.

Right now my mock is A. Davis, D. Williams, C. Cook, and J. Jerry in the third. I also would take K. Chancellor in the fourth. We would land our OT, NT, CB, OG, and SS all in the first four picks.

I would love Cook in the second!

I don't remember seeing him play too much but he sounds like a good fit.
Some NFL personnel evaluators reportedly believe that Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga is the most overrated prospect in this year's draft.
"It'll shock you when I say this, but I know some people have him graded out as a third-round pick," said one personnel man. "A lot of pass rushers beat him badly last year. And if you watch that film, and add in that his arms are shorter than you'd like a tackle to have, how high can you take him? I know he's well-coached...(but) he's falling a bit in some people's eyes."
Source: SI.com

He has short arms!!!!!!!!
Browns beat writer Tony Grossi has "heard" that the Browns like Rutgers CB Devin McCourty better than Florida CB Joe Haden.
If this isn't pre-draft misinformation, we've gotta believe the Browns are the only team in the league with a higher grade on McCourty. McCourty does have slightly better size, but Haden made more plays in college against far superior competition and is considered a more consistent cover corner.
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Related: Joe Haden, Browns

Hmmmm ... where is that smokescreen picture I use.
Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer predicts that the Browns will "make a move" to acquire Colt McCoy at the top of round two or perhaps even at the back end of the first round.
Pluto is holding firm to his belief that Cleveland will draft a defensive back at No. 7, and gettheir quarterback of the future thereafter. Of Browns president Mike Holmgren, Pluto writes, "This guy loves quarterbacks...When Holmgren said the Browns may not even draft a quarterback, I nearly gagged."
Related: Browns

Semi believable I guess, he would be a fit in a Holmgren offense.
If the Browns pass on Clausen I sure hope the Bills take him
I doubt the Browns take Clausen. Holmgren's West Coast offense is built on accurate QB's, and nobody is more accurate than McCoy. So, if the Browns don't move up to number one to draft Bradford, I'd be shocked if they passed on McCoy.
Here are the first four names we think we'll hear on Thursday night: (1) Sam Bradford; (2) Ndamukong Suh; (3) Gerald McCoy; (4) Trent Williams.
link
Here are the first four names we think we'll hear on Thursday night: (1) Sam Bradford; (2) Ndamukong Suh; (3) Gerald McCoy; (4) Trent Williams.
link

If this happens and the Chiefs take Okung we need to trade up and get Berry.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
link

Seattle won't be trading with us in all likelihood and the Walrus will rape Sing and Baalke "Roethlisberger style" to move up, or else he himself is going to pull the trigger on Berry.

Originally posted by KRS-1:
link

Seattle won't be trading with us in all likelihood and the Walrus will rape Sing and Baalke "Roethlisberger style" to move up, or else he himself is going to pull the trigger on Berry.

yeah after i typed that i realized it was seattle that picks 6th, i was thinking it was cleveland
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawaii49erfan:
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when Okung goes to the Lions at #2.

It's possible but they would be making a mistake
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I dont think it would be a mistake. They need to protect their Franchise QB. the Lions did a lot to upgrade their defensive line this off season. I wouldnt be shocked if they took Okung or Williams(whoever they have rated higher).
  • evil
  • Veteran
Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer predicts that the Browns will "make a move" to acquire Colt McCoy at the top of round two or perhaps even at the back end of the first round.
Pluto is holding firm to his belief that Cleveland will draft a defensive back at No. 7, and gettheir quarterback of the future thereafter. Of Browns president Mike Holmgren, Pluto writes, "This guy loves quarterbacks...When Holmgren said the Browns may not even draft a quarterback, I nearly gagged."
Related: Browns

Semi believable I guess, he would be a fit in a Holmgren offense.

The Rams are in a good spot at 33, teams will be calling them once everything wraps up Thursday evening and fielding more calls on Friday before it starts back up. I don't think they keep that pick but rather trade for a player or additional picks. The market price on that pick could have new value which the Rams will be able to set.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I dont think it would be a mistake. They need to protect their Franchise QB. the Lions did a lot to upgrade their defensive line this off season. I wouldnt be shocked if they took Okung or Williams(whoever they have rated higher).

I think it would, with a team as s**tty as the Lions they HAVE to go BPA. They can't afford the luxury of passing on the guy who is pretty much the consensus #1 prospect. If i was the Lions i would look to round 2 like a Roger Saffold at OT, or else look to trade up and maybe get Charles Brown.

With all the offseason additions made (KVB, Burleson, Houston the CB from Atlanta, Tony Scheffler) to add Suh and Brown to that and i would say they had a monster offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone