LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Combine Drills

There have been much debate on what is meaningful so far as drills used at the combines are concerned. What would you suggest that would be telling?

For me - as some have said there is track speed and there is football speed. Jerry Rice ran slow track speed, but on film, Walsh said he never saw anyone catch him from behind.

I think some of these speed drills should be conducted with full pads. With some specific to the positions.
Originally posted by WildBill:
There have been much debate on what is meaningful so far as drills used at the combines are concerned. What would you suggest that would be telling?

For me - as some have said there is track speed and there is football speed. Jerry Rice ran slow track speed, but on film, Walsh said he never saw anyone catch him from behind.

I think some of these speed drills should be conducted with full pads. With some specific to the positions.

That's actually a big deal... watching the player practise with pads on. The gear slows down some players and others play like it was an extension of their body. I wish the 40 and all the drills were run in full gear and football cleats.
Share 49ersWebzone