There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Haden runs a pedestrian 4.57 on his 40! (Eric Berry at 4.45)

I do not want us to draft Joe Haden. I refuse to see the Niners pick any player with question mark (for example, speed) with our 13th pick.

I'm sure that he will run a better 40 time during pro day... but who doesn't?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by amigoj49:
I do not want us to draft Joe Haden. I refuse to see the Niners pick any player with question mark (for example, speed) with our 13th pick.

I'm sure that he will run a better 40 time during pro day... but who doesn't?

If he runs a 4.4 with an improved stance I'd bet a good lot of teams throw out his combine 40 and take that as being closer to his true 40 time.
Let Al Davis worry about raw 40 times. Luckily we have a GM who values game production over combine numbers.

The big question is whether he was a subpar athlete whose weakness was hidden by their awesome pass-rush or whether he was simply a great player whose 40 time is irrelevant.
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
Yikes! I can run a 4.57...and I'm a 30 year old out of shape fat guy...with a bum knee!
PASS on Haden....Don't want to "switch" a first rounder to safety and have a tweener with our #17. We're better off taking Iupati with that pick IMO.

I say we pass Haden and pick you. You can run 4.57. You'd like that 1st round money too.

What if the runs a faster time at his proday (its happened before)? Will all of you jump back on the Joe Haden bandwagon?

Originally posted by jta854:

What if the runs a faster time at his proday (its happened before)? Will all of you jump back on the Joe Haden bandwagon?

No, I didn't like him before the combine.

We have greater needs than CB.

Been on it. If he's there at #13 he's our pick.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
For those that think the 49ers don't need a CB, in a year's time I think Clements, Harris & Bly will all be gone (the latter 2 might not return this year).
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

Guarantee he'll run faster on his pro day. He'll be running on a track, with cleats and if it's windy he'll have a headwind at his back.

No, I won't jump back on the Haden band wagon. I was never on it.
Just watch Haden's tape...SUSPECT! Dud get's burned to much especially for someone with his hype. f**k his combine watch tape from the last 2 years! The cat gets turned around to much.
if we take a cb i hope its kyle wilson or perrish cox
Meh...I don't care.

Draft him.
i still have nightmares on taking a cb from the state of florida in the 1st rd. you know that 1 cb who never gave up a td in his whole collegiate career then came to us and couldnt cover a dead guy
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i still have nightmares on taking a cb from the state of florida in the 1st rd. you know that 1 cb who never gave up a td in his whole collegiate career then came to us and couldnt cover a dead guy

What about the best cover CB in the history of the NFL that signed as a FA and helped us win a super bowl?
I didn't want Joe Haden!!!!!!!!!!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home