LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

Jason Paul-Pierre, if he's available at #13 ...

Pass....I don't like people with hyphonated names. They should make you chose.
Originally posted by mayo63:
He can't drop into coverage. I say, no.

Neither can Haralson.
Nab him at 13. Our pass rush sucked in big games, a good pass rush is so key to going to the play offs.
Originally posted by Walsh:
Just guessing but I think he's going to be the best pass rusher of this draft. If you watch some of his playing nobody stops him. He's explosive fast and super strong. I think his biggest problem is he doesn't really have a nose for the ball at this point. He's a project. I want to say he only started playing football in late high school or early college. Someone can look it up but the guy is loaded with potential. He needs lots of training.

People that say he's going to last until the 3rd round are nuts. I'd be SHOCKED if he lasted until the 2nd. So, yeah, I'd take him with our first pick and take the next best tackle. That's all guesswork though=]

He's pretty much a top 15 lock IMO. I think this guy is going to be the next Charles Haley or Demarcus Ware. Brandon Graham is the next James Harrison. But if JPP is there when we pick I'd definitely take him.
Didn't we draft a one year wonder defensive lineman a couple of years ago in the 1st round?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Didn't we draft a one year wonder defensive lineman a couple of years ago in the 1st round?

No this dude would be an outside linebacker and Balmer was never drafted to be a pass rusher, he was drafted to be a NT/DE run stopper which takes a few years.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

No this dude would be an outside linebacker and Balmer was never drafted to be a pass rusher, he was drafted to be a NT/DE run stopper which takes a few years.

the other one year wonder
  • Walsh
  • Veteran

He's pretty much a top 15 lock IMO. I think this guy is going to be the next Charles Haley or Demarcus Ware. Brandon Graham is the next James Harrison. But if JPP is there when we pick I'd definitely take him.

You are a wise man, sir. hehe

Here's an interview of JPP at the combine. He just talks mostly but they do mention how he's a top pick and "put on a show".
[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d816ada14/Jason-Pierre-Paul-interview[/video]
NO
Just guessing but I think he's going to be the best pass rusher of this draft. If you watch some of his playing nobody stops him. He's explosive fast and super strong. I think his biggest problem is he doesn't really have a nose for the ball at this point. He's a project. I want to say he only started playing football in late high school or early college. Someone can look it up but the guy is loaded with potential. He needs lots of training.

People that say he's going to last until the 3rd round are nuts. I'd be SHOCKED if he lasted until the 2nd. So, yeah, I'd take him with our first pick and take the next best tackle. That's all guesswork though=]

People said the same thing about Vernon Gholston, Andre Wadsworth, and Gaines Adams.

• Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jta854:

People said the same thing about Vernon Gholston, Andre Wadsworth, and Gaines Adams.

Not sure if you're saying that you don't think he will go in the top 15 or if you're just saying their is no way of knowing how good he'll become. I'm pretty confident that this guy goes in the top 15. He had a great combine from what I read too.
Share 49ersWebzone