LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Eric Berry can fall to number 13. Here's how

• Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redngold21:
I really can't see it happening but then again I never saw crabs falling to us either.

Agreed!!!
Originally posted by LilAzn9er:
Originally posted by smileyman:
Don't mind it...but not realistic

Be specific. Which parts aren't realistic. Every one of those picks addresses a need for their team and is the best player available at that spot for them.

Berry falling that far? Highly unlikely. Eric Berry is considered the 3rd best prospect overall by ESPN's McShay and Kiper. Browns to select Haden over Berry? Berry can play corner if needed. Plus, the Chiefs are very high on him and already have Glenn Dorsey as their DT.

Crabtree was considered THE BEST prospect by Kiper last year and how'd that play out? Dorsey is NOT a NT imo. DT in a 43 yes, 34 not soo much.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Haden will fall, not berry. NFL Network folks say Clev could take Berry if he's there.

I've been saying for some time now, and you can chisel this in stone: Berry is not going to be on the board at 7 and see the Browns select anyone else.

The Browns secondary was really bad last year, and Brodney Pool is probably not coming back. So, Berry is the complete no-brainer.

P.S. For those referencing Crabtree, once again, as I argued in his contract dispute, the inability to work out is what caused his drop on draft day. Hence, my argument that he deserved consideration for an amount outside the normal slot.

Berry has worked out for scouts, and has looked tremendous. This is just his way to solidify his final draft grade and top 7 selection.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 2, 2010 at 12:27:55 ]
I think Berry goes #6 to Seattle unless Okung somehow falls past KC. If Okung does fall to #6 then Seattle takes him and Cleveland selects Berry.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by smileyman:
Don't mind it...but not realistic

Be specific. Which parts aren't realistic. Every one of those picks addresses a need for their team and is the best player available at that spot for them.

Berry falling that far? Highly unlikely. Eric Berry is considered the 3rd best prospect overall by ESPN's McShay and Kiper. Browns to select Haden over Berry? Berry can play corner if needed. Plus, the Chiefs are very high on him and already have Glenn Dorsey as their DT.

Crabtree was considered THE BEST prospect by Kiper last year and how'd that play out? Dorsey is NOT a NT imo. DT in a 43 yes, 34 not soo much.

There's quite a few differences though.

Last year, the stars aligned quite a bit to enable us to draft Crabtree, this might not be the case this year in terms of Berry falling to us.

Crabtree doesn't work out at the combine, doesn't work out in his pro day (correct me), has foot surgery and some character questions are raised.

The difference is that absolutely NO questions or hesitations have been raised about Berry that might cause him to fall.

This is why the two situations are not the same.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Mar 2, 2010 at 13:34:22 ]
Can we officially lock this thread now? There's NO WAY berry falls to us now after the combine.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Haden will fall, not berry. NFL Network folks say Clev could take Berry if he's there.

I've been saying for some time now, and you can chisel this in stone: Berry is not going to be on the board at 7 and see the Browns select anyone else.

The Browns secondary was really bad last year, and Brodney Pool is probably not coming back. So, Berry is the complete no-brainer.

P.S. For those referencing Crabtree, once again, as I argued in his contract dispute, the inability to work out is what caused his drop on draft day. Hence, my argument that he deserved consideration for an amount outside the normal slot.

Berry has worked out for scouts, and has looked tremendous. This is just his way to solidify his final draft grade and top 7 selection.

Yup. I actually hope Berry goes to the Browns so we don't get stuck playing him on the SeaCocks for the next 10 years. That would f**king suck.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jta854:
I can understand the first ten picks, but 11 &12. No way those two guys get picked before Berry.

I'll admit I reached at 11 and 12. Nevertheless I'm 100% confident in saying he won't go top 5 (and I've been saying that for months now), and might slip as far as #10.
No he won't.
Nope.. Berry doesn't fall out of the top 10, Thomas maybe, Berry, no way.

As much as I would like it to happen, Berry is not falling to #13. I don't think he falls out of the top 5.

Crabtree had two circumstances that caused him to fall: 1) foot injury so he couldn't workout at the combine or pro day 2) Mangini called him a Diva.

Eric Berry has worked out- pretty much confirmed he's the best S to come out in 10 years, and he has no character issues.
I'll be happy if we get Spiller & Williams or Berry & Williams.
12. Miami Dolphins.
Brandan Graham (OLB)
"They need a WR but Parcells has never drafted a WR in the first round."

True that! Joseph Keyshawn Johnson was the year before bill got into town. Very good sr.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Yup. I actually hope Berry goes to the Browns so we don't get stuck playing him on the SeaCocks for the next 10 years. That would f**king suck.

This...

A great safety can make a D so much better, I do not want to see Berry 2 times a year with our QB situation...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This reminds me of the time we tried to come up with scenarios for LaRon Landry falling to us at 11. LOL dude didn't even make it out of the top 10, and Eric Berry is a faaar better prospect than Landry is. Throw ALL and I mean ALL drafting Eric Berry scenarios out the window, its not gonna happen!!!! Only way is to trade up, and dinosaur McCloughan will not do it!!!
Share 49ersWebzone