There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eric Berry can fall to number 13. Here's how

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
1. Rams
Sam Bradford (QB). Three of their last four first round picks have been defensive linemen. They've already got big money tied up there. They need a QB of the future and there won't be any available for them in free agency. They've said they've got four guys on their board they're looking at. If I had to guess those guys would be Suh, McCoy, Bradford and Okung.

2. Detroit Lions
Russell Okung (OT)
Reports out of Indianopolis say that the Lions have become enamored of Okung. They have a huge investment in Matt Stafford and they want to keep him protected. They do like Backus still, but by picking up Okung it allows them to slide the older Backus inside to LG, killing two birds with one stone.

3. Tampa Bay
Ndamukong Suh. The Buccaneers are shocked that they are able to grab one of the best prospects in years. They have a decent pass defense so grabbing Berry isn't really in the cards for them, but their defensive line is horrid.

4. Washington Redskins
Anthony Davis (OT)
The Redskins seem like they're going to stick with Campbell for at least one more year. They offered him a RFA tender over the weekend. They need someone to protect him and to bolster their offensive line so they grab Davis.

5. Kansas City
Gerald McCoy (DT)
Kansas City loves that McCoy has fallen into their laps at number 5. They grab him here instead of overpaying for a safety.

6. Seattle Seahawks
Jimmy Clausen (QB)
The Seahawks need a QBOTF. Hasselbeck is getting old and run down and Seneca Wallace is no more than a backup. By drafting Clausen now they can let him sit for a year or two to learn the system and get comfortable.

7. Cleveland Browns
Joe Haden (CB)
Browns are in far more need of a CB than a safety. Haden is the best CB on the board so they grab him

8. Oakland Raiders
John Pierre Paul
Rated as one of the best DE on Mayock's board. The Raiders have a horrid defensive line and he fills a need for them.

9. Buffalo Bills
Trent Williams (OT)
Poor Bills. Their RT retired at the age of 26, they have no LT, no QB, no WRs. They're switching to a 3-4 so they have to find OLBs and a NT. Tackle is their biggest need so they grab Trent Williams who had a really good combine. His natural spot is at RT, so if he can't make it at LT they can always slide him over.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars
Dez Bryant (WR)
Jaguars have no offensive weapons. They had Torry Holt is 33 and was just released. Sims-Walker is in his second year and runs hot and cold Bryant will provide a threat on the other side of the ball. Tim Tebow is another obvious option for them since he grew up there and would instantly sell tickets, something the franchise desperately needs.

11. Denver Broncos
Rolando McClain (LB)
McClain is still a perfect fit for their system.

12. Miami Dolphins.
Brandan Graham (OLB)
They need a WR but Parcells has never drafted a WR in the first round. With the impending release of Porter they'll need someone to step in. Rumor is that they're heavily pursuing Dansby, but even if they get him they still need help at OLB. Graham is a monster of a player and the best OLB in the draft.

13. San Francisco 49ers
Eric Berry (S)
Berry provides an immediate upgrade in the secondary.
like i said before, anything could happen on draft day.
This scenario seems more realistic that it did a month ago.

We'll see in about 51 days.
Maybe that could happen, but if he does fall out of the top 5 I imagine a team would trade up to get him before he falls to us, that's just my thinking since trades always go down some way or another.
I really can't see it happening but then again I never saw crabs falling to us either.
  • LilAzn9er
  • Info N/A
Don't mind it...but not realistic
I'd be okay with that...don't expect it though..then again Crabtree??
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Assuming no trades occur, this is a plausible scenario that may occur.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LilAzn9er:

Be specific. Which parts aren't realistic. Every one of those picks addresses a need for their team and is the best player available at that spot for them.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GEEK:
Assuming no trades occur, this is a plausible scenario that may occur.

This is the big one. There are teams drafting later who might want to move up to get him.

The other issue is Jacksonville. They also need a safety so they may grab Berry instead but I don't think they want to pay top 10 money to a safety.

The highest paid safety in the league made $7 million last year. Crabtree's deal was 6 years $32 million. Are you going to pay a safety as much as the highest paid safety in the league without him taking a snap?

It would be like the Rams drafting Bradford and then paying him $21 million a year to match Peyton Manning's salary.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

People say "so and so is impossible, zero chance of happening" but the draft doesn't play out like it should. There are reaches, shockers, and headscratches every year. It's very unpredictable.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

People say "so and so is impossible, zero chance of happening" but the draft doesn't play out like it should. There are reaches, shockers, and headscratches every year. It's very unpredictable.

At least for as long as Al Davis is alive!
I'll believe it when I see it.
  • LilAzn9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by LilAzn9er:

Be specific. Which parts aren't realistic. Every one of those picks addresses a need for their team and is the best player available at that spot for them.

Berry falling that far? Highly unlikely. Eric Berry is considered the 3rd best prospect overall by ESPN's McShay and Kiper. Browns to select Haden over Berry? Berry can play corner if needed. Plus, the Chiefs are very high on him and already have Glenn Dorsey as their DT.

[ Edited by LilAzn9er on Mar 1, 2010 at 16:09:19 ]
No one expected this

anything is possible in the NFL

[ Edited by momoney925 on Mar 1, 2010 at 16:10:56 ]