There are 202 users in the forums

Pro Days Updated*

I may have missed it but did we see anything from the TCU pro day?
Today is a big day. Hopefully Dez Bryant tears up the track so that he pushes another player down to the 9ers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Pro days being almost over can mean only one thing...April is here!
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Today is a big day. Hopefully Dez Bryant tears up the track so that he pushes another player down to the 9ers.

me too
Originally posted by mayo63:

WOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by mayo63:

WOOOOOOOOOOO

• TX9R
  • Veteran

Well, now it looks like the opposite is happening. We are facing the very likely scenario I've feared for months now. None of the top OTs will be there at 13.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Well, now it looks like the opposite is happening. We are facing the very likely scenario I've feared for months now. None of the top OTs will be there at 13.

We need Buffalo and the Skins to both take qb's somehow. but I think this pushes Spiller up a little bit and hopefully one of the tackles fall.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Jerome-Murphy-runs-a-448.html

Quote:
Murphy is also scheduled to attend the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' local prospect day and has visits or workouts with the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers, the St. Louis Rams and the Seattle Seahawks.

At the combine, Murphy ran the 40-yard dash in 4.50 seconds, bench presssed 225 pounds 16 times and registered a 38-inch vertical leap, a 10-7 broad jump, a 4.05 short shuttle and a 6.87 three-cone drill.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Jerome-Murphy-runs-a-448.html

Quote:
Murphy is also scheduled to attend the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' local prospect day and has visits or workouts with the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers, the St. Louis Rams and the Seattle Seahawks.

At the combine, Murphy ran the 40-yard dash in 4.50 seconds, bench presssed 225 pounds 16 times and registered a 38-inch vertical leap, a 10-7 broad jump, a 4.05 short shuttle and a 6.87 three-cone drill.

USC and Texas today.

[ Edited by thuglife619 on Mar 31, 2010 at 07:48:08 ]
Originally posted by TX9R:

If that is the case we move to plan b and take Brown, Saffold, etc. There are players to be had and a good draft will occur. Hopefully we will get Spiller, Graham, Williams NT, Haden etc.
Originally posted by thuglife619:
USC and Texas today.

I wonder how McCoy will look.
Earl Thomas ran 1 40 at 4.37 that's a really nice time.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Wed., March 31, 2:25 p.m.
As expected, there's a huge crowd in Austin for the Texas Longhorns pro day. Thirty NFL teams have at least on scout on hand.

The workout just started a while ago but in the early going, safety Earl Thomas has been the star. First reports from Texas have the underclassman timing at 4.35 seconds in the 40, a full one-tenth better than his combine mark.

Receiver Jordan Shipley ran his 40 in the 4.54 to 4.55 seconds range, which is much better than his mark from Indianapolis. Linebacker Roddrick Muckelroy ran 4.68 to 4.75), also an improvement from the combine. Thus far, unheralded offensive lineman Charlie Tanner has turned in a terrific workout. Tanner started the day by completing 35 reps on the bench, posted a vertical jump of 36 inches, and then ran his 40 in times as fast as 5.06 seconds. His official average for the two runs will be in the range of 5.12 seconds.

Players are in the midst of position drills and, by all accounts, Sergio Kindle has looked awesome. Kindle thus far has been very quick and explosive in linebacker drills. He also successfully participated in defensive line drills.

Lamarr Houston continues to look impressive and move north on draft boards. Like Kindle, he stood on his combine times, but has been quick and fluid in position drills. He's also easily moving about the field, which is what scouts wanted to see.
Share 49ersWebzone