There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pro Days Updated*

Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Reports are that Spiller tore it up even in the rain for scouts.

Tore what up? he only did the vertical leap and broad jump.

He stayed and did drills also. NFL Network said he was very impressive. Even in the rain, he was catching everything and you could really see his quickness and change of direction skills. My impression was that they put him through a similar workout to what Percy Harvin did when he came out. Spiller apparently looked just as good receiving as he did running.

He helped himself and could of moved into the top 10.

Thanks I'm just getting back on my phone here. Sounds like he did very well.
Read where Chad Jones, LSU safety, had 11 reps on the bench improving on his 9 reps at the combine. Still dissapointing but he does have long arms.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Read where Chad Jones, LSU safety, had 11 reps on the bench improving on his 9 reps at the combine. Still dissapointing but he does have long arms.

You don't really need a strong bench for a safety. Now if your OL or DL at around 300+ lbs only puts up 11 reps then there's something wrong.
Originally posted by genus49:

You don't really need a strong bench for a safety. Now if your OL or DL at around 300+ lbs only puts up 11 reps then there's something wrong.

I'd be more worried about work ethic (or lack of) in the weight room.
Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant has pushed back his Pro Day to March 30, according to sources close to the situation. Bryant was scheduled to work out March 25. Bryant had tried to schedule his workout for the afternoon of March 30, a day after Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford's workout in Norman, Okla., to make life easier for NFL teams, but Oklahoma State balked at the idea. The school already held one pro day and preferred not to host another. Thus, Bryant opted to hold his Pro Day March 30, one day before NFL teams attend Texas' Pro Day.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

That's extreme. Why spend unnecessary time doing bench when it won't impact your game that much. Now if he's going out and partying instead of doing that it's one thing. If he's spending more time doing cardio, leg work or video review then it's all good.

He also played baseball in college. As a pitcher and outfielder, he didn't really have the option of bulking up like others did. He had to balance his workouts to maintain his flexibility.

I wouldn't question his work ethic. He'll gain strength fairly quickly now that he's concentrating on football. That's partly why he's graded out around the early-mid 2nd round. People really like his potential and think he can make great strides now that he's not training for baseball.

He also played baseball in college. As a pitcher and outfielder, he didn't really have the option of bulking up like others did. He had to balance his workouts to maintain his flexibility.

I wouldn't question his work ethic. He'll gain strength fairly quickly now that he's concentrating on football. That's partly why he's graded out around the early-mid 2nd round. People really like his potential and think he can make great strides now that he's not training for baseball.

I believe he will be a very good safety now that he is only concentrating on football.
Originally posted by tohara3:

I believe he will be a very good safety now that he is only concentrating on football.

I think he can become a great safety. He just needs a year to sit and learn, take a few snaps a game before he is fully ready to start.
Report on Haden and FLorida workout. Maybe this will shut those people up that think Haden is too slow and not worth the 13th pick:

"While most of the media focus at the Florida's pro day which is underway as we speak, will be QB Tim Tebow and his new throwing motion, but maybe no player was under more pressure to deliver today than CB Joe Haden after his disastrous 40 clocking at last month's combine. Haden, though, reportedly responded with a much improved 40s at today's workout posting clockings in the 4.45 range despite runing on a slow course made slippery by morning rain. On the other hand, MLB Brandon Spikes did not run at all well and was barely able to crack the 5-flat mark. "
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Report on Haden and FLorida workout. Maybe this will shut those people up that think Haden is too slow and not worth the 13th pick:

"While most of the media focus at the Florida's pro day which is underway as we speak, will be QB Tim Tebow and his new throwing motion, but maybe no player was under more pressure to deliver today than CB Joe Haden after his disastrous 40 clocking at last month's combine. Haden, though, reportedly responded with a much improved 40s at today's workout posting clockings in the 4.45 range despite runing on a slow course made slippery by morning rain. On the other hand, MLB Brandon Spikes did not run at all well and was barely able to crack the 5-flat mark. "

The combine times were proven to be faulty this year. I knew Haden was about that fast.

The combine times were proven to be faulty this year. I knew Haden was about that fast.

Agreed. Too many times of too many players -- who you know/have to believe are faster than their times -- just didn't appear right this year. I'm guessing for the most part it's really an anomaly. An unusual occurrence where perhaps several players just had down days, stumbled, were sick, etc.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Agreed. Too many times of too many players -- who you know/have to believe are faster than their times -- just didn't appear right this year. I'm guessing for the most part it's really an anomaly. An unusual occurrence where perhaps several players just had down days, stumbled, were sick, etc.

Did you happen to catch that NFL network vid where the had the guys running side by side? They showed how the times couldnt have been right. It was very telling, I will see if I can find it.

Did you happen to catch that NFL network vid where the had the guys running side by side? They showed how the times couldnt have been right. It was very telling, I will see if I can find it.

I did not see that, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I did not see that, but I wouldn't be surprised.