There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis slims down?

I thought the word on the streets was that Davis was the next Andre Smith. 6'5" 323 at the combine is hardly overweight for an OT. Weren't most rumormills churning the idea that he was over 350, or am I mistaken?
He was supposedly the next Andre Smith...moobs and all! How'd Andre Smith work out for the Bungles anyway? I heard ZERO mention of his name last season...and he wansn't listed anywhere near the all-rookie team.
Please help me clear this up zoners...I thought Anthony Davis was supposed to come in mushy,and overweight?!? Reminding me alot of Andre Smith. It's the classic "he's a mauler when motivated" type player. It might be a tad early on Andre Smith, but does anyone know if he made a contribution in cinci? And with the lower than expected weigh in of A.Davis....is he out of the "risk" catagory now when it comes to love/discipline/respect for the game?
Folks just put out hate on guys where there isn't anything else to talk about. smith had a more than solid season for the Bengals this year. One of the reasons there running game was so good. Terrance cody will be looking like Andre this combine more than anybody else.
Andre Davis was hurt pretty much the entire season. That info isn't vey hard to find. Don't think anyone said he was going to be mt Cody in weight. He just lacks the consistency everyone would like.
Originally posted by noobie:
Andre Davis was hurt pretty much the entire season. That info isn't vey hard to find. Don't think anyone said he was going to be mt Cody in weight. He just lacks the consistency everyone would like.

Your odds of injury are greatly increased when you're an out-of-shape coach potatoe playing in the NFL. Seems fitting when a player comes to the combine 40 pounds overweight, and clearly out of shape. When you're not taking your job seriously, overeating, and undertraining.....injuries happen. Looks like Anthony Davis can be stricken from this list. He must've busted his a$$ to lose the weight, unless eveyone saying he was going to come in at 350+ was just blowing smoke.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Folks just put out hate on guys where there isn't anything else to talk about. smith had a more than solid season for the Bengals this year. One of the reasons there running game was so good. Terrance cody will be looking like Andre this combine more than anybody else.

HAHA.... yea, he was a real big reason their run game was so good. He started ONE game and played in SIX total, real solid season.
ya the problems with him are ad work ethic and his weight hs weigt defnitally not the pobem but his work ethic will be however i would stil get him at 13 just rathe have Bulaga more

HAHA.... yea, he was a real big reason their run game was so good. He started ONE game and played in SIX total, real solid season.

My point exactly! Why take a guy who's not committed to working hard to be the best player he can be? He was primed for injury. Thanks for the info on andre smith. Did people really expect him to live up to the "potential" when he cant get his hands out of the cheetos? Some players have excellent work ethic ala Jerry Rice, and others rely on their athletic ability, and only their athletic ability to get by with. The slackers usually have short-lived carreers plagued by injury...I'd much rather take the workout warrior with big upside (ala VD) than the slacker destined to rot on IR...ala andre davis.