There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CB Perrish Cox, Oklahoma St.

Ohhhhhh.... PERRISH Cox...not Perry...
I thought we were gonna talk about this guy!

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by stever:
The character issues aren't to big :
--He got suspended for a bowl game for missing the curfew twice (He was late with some teammates when they didn't have practices scheduled for the next day and he was out with his girlfriend on new years eve).
--He was arrested for driving with a suspended license

This is it. Not really a murderer ;)

I guy doesn't have to be a murderer to be a character risk. If a guy feels he can do what he wants when he wants and doesn't have to follow the rules like everyone else, it can become problematic. Teams that just dismiss this type of repeated behavior do so at their peril.

This is true, but we are talking about 23 year old guy, who is out on new years eve with his girl friend and who drove a car without a license. Who hasn't done that ?
These flaws are correctable (especially with a guy like Singletary beeing the head coach).

You can't throw all character issues together. There are guys who got caught for dui or for batterie or stuff like that. That are real character issues in my oppinion
--He got suspended for a bowl game for missing the curfew twice (He was late with some teammates when they didn't have practices scheduled for the next day and he was out with his girlfriend on new years eve).

I guy doesn't have to be a murderer to be a character risk. If a guy feels he can do what he wants when he wants and doesn't have to follow the rules like everyone else, it can become problematic. Teams that just dismiss this type of repeated behavior do so at their peril.

This is true, but we are talking about 23 year old guy, who is out on new years eve with his girl friend and who drove a car without a license. Who hasn't done that ?
These flaws are correctable (especially with a guy like Singletary beeing the head coach).

You can't throw all character issues together. There are guys who got caught for dui or for batterie or stuff like that. That are real character issues in my oppinion

To me, it's more about the attitude and not so much the activity. The more research you do on Cox, the more idea you get about who he is. He had maturity issues as a young player, but seemed to turn the corner as his senior year began...until the September arrest for suspended license, getting suspended for the bowl game and his strange and continued use of the word "harrass" during the combine interviews (which many people didn't take kindly to).

Some people just have poor attitudes, it's just their personality. I'm not saying Cox is a bad person, but it wouldn't be wise to just ignore these continued issues and hope you can change a person. Sometimes you can, but more often than not, they change only when they want to.

To me, it's more about the attitude and not so much the activity. The more research you do on Cox, the more idea you get about who he is. He had maturity issues as a young player, but seemed to turn the corner as his senior year began...until the September arrest for suspended license, getting suspended for the bowl game and his strange and continued use of the word "harrass" during the combine interviews (which many people didn't take kindly to).

Some people just have poor attitudes, it's just their personality. I'm not saying Cox is a bad person, but it wouldn't be wise to just ignore these continued issues and hope you can change a person. Sometimes you can, but more often than not, they change only when they want to.

The "harrass" thing is alarming, this is true. I read about it, too and this show that he really sees that he made mistakes. What i see in a guy who does such things in the last few weeks of his college life is a guy who realises, that after college the real live starts and so he took one of the last few chances to have some "college guy fun".

Who knows, too much speculation here ;)

What we definitly know is, that he has all the tools to be a great corner :)
Look, I know he has his issues, but I'd like to take a chance on Perrish Cox. He's a talented player.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Look, I know he has his issues, but I'd like to take a chance on Perrish Cox. He's a talented player.

My dream scenario as of now would be trent williams and brandon graham in the first and cox in the second. What are the chances he gets to #49 considering the off the field issues and the added value he brings as a returner? He also plays in the pass happy big 12.
Originally posted by thuglife619:

My dream scenario as of now would be trent williams and brandon graham in the first and cox in the second. What are the chances he gets to #49 considering the off the field issues and the added value he brings as a returner? He also plays in the pass happy big 12.

In my opinion, very likely.
Originally posted by thuglife619:

In my opinion, very likely.

I wouldn't be mad if we got him in the 2nd round
El Guapo Loves cox....JUST KIDDING.

a THIRD ROUND PICK WOULD BE WORTH IT BUT A 2ND MAY BE A LITTLE TOO HIGH....sorry for the caps lock

The "harrass" thing is alarming, this is true. I read about it, too and this show that he really sees that he made mistakes. What i see in a guy who does such things in the last few weeks of his college life is a guy who realises, that after college the real live starts and so he took one of the last few chances to have some "college guy fun".

Who knows, too much speculation here ;)

What we definitly know is, that he has all the tools to be a great corner :)

As I understood the article, he felt he was being harassed by teams for continually asking him about these issues in what was essentially a series of job interviews. The fact that he feels teams doing their due diligence is somehow harassing him to me shows that he JUST DOESN'T GET IT! Reward a person with this kind of attitude with money and adulation and NONE of the rules will apply!

If he's around in the 5th round, maybe you take a flyer. If he doesn't work out, he's just another mid-round pick who didn't make it. If he gets his act together, he becomes a good pick. But I want guys who have their act together in the top two, even three rounds. Too much is at stake!