LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 214 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox, Oklahoma St.

CB Perrish Cox - Oklahoma St. Bio

What do you guys think? 2nd round pick?

CB Perrish Cox (6'0, 198 LBS.)

DraftCountdown.com: CB Perrish Cox

[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 28, 2010 at 23:14:11 ]
I like him a lot but we'll have to see how fast he is. I want a CB who can really cover those smaller quicker guys like DeSean Jackson, Breaston, Knox, etc. He would probably match up well against guys like Fitz and Boldin though, and he's gone up against a guy like Dez Bryant in practice a lot. What I really want is a ballhawking S who can cover like a Earl Thomas or Eric Berry in the 1st
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
--Oklahoma State CB Perrish Cox said the 49ers were one of the teams with which he has interviewed at the combine. Cox experienced the advantage of playing against teammate WR Dez Bryant in practice. "Oh man, it was spectacular, man," Cox said. "I really can't explain it. It's tough. He is the best receiver I ever picked on, since I've been in college football, hands down, I can actually say that. It's tough. Bring a crowd. Hyper excitement. All of the above. He gave me a bad attitude. He gave me an attitude, when I go in on Saturday, what are you going to do differently that I stick on every day."

From Maiacco blog.
I think he would be a fine 2nd round pick at this point.

Good return skills, good size for a corner. Pretty much exactly what we need and Scotty Mac likes. Also he showed well at the Senior Bowl and we all know about our history of drafting guys who participated in that.

[ Edited by znk916 on Feb 28, 2010 at 23:43:44 ]
Cox ran a 4.42 40 at the combine, so with his return skills, he would be a good candidate in the second round.
cox is definetly a cb mccoughlan would go after
Originally posted by mebemused:
Cox ran a 4.42 40 at the combine, so with his return skills, he would be a good candidate in the second round.

I don't think the DB's have run yet
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
cox is definetly a cb mccoughlan would go after

I agree, however Scotty Mac hasn't drafted a corner higher than the 5th round I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong. And I do recall him speaking out a few years ago about preferring to acquire veteran corners and his track record has proven that anyhow (Walt Harris, Clements, Bly).

Otherwise Cox is pretty much a perfect fit for us.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I thought they were suppose to run tomorrow? maybe it's today
Second rounders possibly?

P. Robinson
D. Franks
K. Jackson
D. McCourty

Then P. Cox and it seems that C. Cook can give him a run for his money at 6'2", 212 in the mid second. Haven't heard or seen too much of Cook. Certainly fits McC's mold.

Anyone?

Still, that CB class seems deep through the end of the second...

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by jreff22:

I thought they were suppose to run tomorrow? maybe it's today

nope tomorrow
I think he'd be an excellent value pick in 2nd rd...multiple skills + great size, cover CB, very good KR skills. I've been on his bandwagon for awhile now...remember, he practiced every day against the best WR in college, Dez Bryant.
prefer Nate Allen...but I'd be good
Interesting Mayock doesn't have him in his top 5 CB's............
The only drawback is that Cox had some off the field issues. That may drop his draft stock a bit? I think he'll be there in round 2 for us.
Share 49ersWebzone