Lance Z is a respected talk show host in the Houston area. Here is his latest mock draft, but I don't agree with the 17th pick for the 49ers. I hope the 49ers would pick Bruce Campbell.
Posted by Lance Zierlein at February 27, 2010 08:02 AM
Mock Draft 2.0 - Texans get a cornerback
1. St.Louis - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
Z-Report Says: Sources tell me the Rams are leaning toward drafting a QB right now and that they like Bradford. Of course, that can all change after the combine medicals or if the Rams decided to trade for a QB.
2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3. Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
4. Washington - Russell Okung, LT, Oklahoma State
5. Kansas City - Brian Bulaga, LT, Iowa
6. Seattle - Anthony Davis, LT, Rutgers
Z-Report Says: Davis is a big guy, but he has nimble feet and with Alex Gibbs taking over the running game in Seattle, I would expect a young, athletic tackle to be an early priority for the Seahawks and Davis has experience in the zone scheme at Rutgers.
7. Cleveland - Joe Haden, CB, Florida
8. Oakland - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
9. Buffalo - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
10. Jacksonville - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
Z-Report Says: He's like a mini-Mario Williams who hasn't filled all the way out yet. Everyone loves his upside which is why he might get drafted early than he should. This one would hurt a little bit since the Jags have drafted Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves just two years ago, but with Matt Schaub and Peyton Manning in the division, you have to rush the QB.
11. Denver - Rolando McClain, MLB, Alabama
12. Miami - Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
13. San Francisco - Eric Berry, FS, Tennessee
14. Seattle - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
15. New York (N) - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
16. Tennessee - Earl Thomas, CB/FS, Texas
Z-Report Says: Another Longhorn to the Titans. Michael Griffin had issues with biting on play-fakes last year and he is more athletic than instinctual. Since this is the case, the Titans could move Griffin over the strong safety and let Thomas be the "centerfielder". Or, the Titans could try and see if Thomas can play CB opposite Courtland Finnegan.
17. San Francisco - Jimmy Claussen, QB, Notre Dame
18. Pittsburgh - Mike Iupati, LG, Idaho
19. Atlanta - Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
20. Houston - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
Z-Report Says: It will be interesting to see if the Texans will pass on C.J. Spiller is on the board. This is a deep CB draft, but most NFL insiders feel like Wilson is one of the top 3 CBs on the board and if the Texans don't address this position via free agency, they probably need to do it within the first two rounds. If the Texans draft CB here, it wouldn't surprise me to see them move up a couple of spots in order to draft a RB they might covet.
21. Cincinnati - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
22. New England - Jared Odrick, DT/DE, Penn State
23. Green Bay - C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
Z-Report Says: Packers GM Ted Thompson might have a hard time passing on left tackle Bruce Campbell from Maryland, but he's notorious for his insistence on looking at best available when special players are there and Spiller would be too much for Thompson to pass up on.
24. Philadelphia - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
25. Baltimore - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
26. Arizona - Taylor Mays, FS, USC
27. Dallas - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
28. San Diego - Maurkice Pouncey, C/G, Florida
Z-Report Says: The Chargers need a running back badly, but they also need major help on the offensive line. Pouncey can play center or guard and would be able to step in and help right away. Obviously the Chargers have to find a RB in either the draft or free agency, but this draft is fairly week for interior linemen while the RB class is pretty solid.
29. NY Jets - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
30. Minnesota - Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State
31. Indianapolis - Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
32. New Orleans - Brian Price, DT, UCLA